email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot reset email password

PBWatson
First Timer
Message 15 of 15

Hi I cannot Reset my Password for my email, as I need access to my emails to do this. Can anyone help?

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Thanks for confiming the security information for us. I've submitted the request to have your password reset tool details updated. This will complete within 24 hours. To check when its done just got to the Password Reset Tool intermittently and you'll see when the details change.

Ady 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 15

Thanks for confiming the security information for us. I've submitted the request to have your password reset tool details updated. This will complete within 24 hours. To check when its done just got to the Password Reset Tool intermittently and you'll see when the details change.

Ady 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 15

Hi PBWatson, I can request your password reset tools be updated. I've sent you a personal message to get more information.

Ady

Message 4 of 15

Hi PBWatson 

Ady authorised the password recovery details to be set up on 18 January. Has that not been done? Or are you talking about a different email account?

The Reset your password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery. 

I'd have expected you to see your password recovery options, already set up, so you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

Just check and re-confirm please there's only the option to send a password reset to the account you cannot access and I'll re-escalate a request into TalkTalk Support for reset details to be set up.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

I cannot remember my Talktalk email password I cannot reset im my account as it asks for old password !! I cannot reset normally as it sends email to talktalk email that I cannot access!! please can you add my account login email as a recovery option for my talktalk email. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi PBWatson, I've moved the email address to your account. Please let me know how you get on. 

Ady

Message 7 of 15

The Reset your password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery. 

If the email address is still active on the TalkTalk Mail platform and TalkTalk have set up password recovery options, in advance, that you recognise from the *****hints, then you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

PBWatson
First Timer
Message 8 of 15

I currently can no longer access my talktalk email, The password does not work, and it is no longer listed in my account. can I get this reinstated?

Message 9 of 15

Thanks for all the information. 

I've raised the request to have your recovery tools updated. This should complete within 24 hours, to check when it's been done just pop to Password Reset Tool intermittently and you'll see when it's changed. 

Ady

Message 10 of 15

Thanks for providing the security answers. Unfortunately, some of the information provided doesn't match what's held on our systems. I've sent another link. If I were you I'd setup a telephone enquiry password, instructions for this are in the link.

Ady

0 Likes

PBWatson
First Timer
Message 11 of 15

Hi I have forgotten the password and do not have access to my mail, after a problem with my PC. the email domain is @talktalk.net 

I do not have access to customer account also.

I will update my profile.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 15

Hi PBWatson, have you managed to sort this following Gondola's guidance? If you have please post back to let us know. 

Ady

Message 13 of 15

Hi PBWatson 

You've not replied. So, we'll assume you don't know the password.

I've let TalkTalk know that the password recovery options aren't available. A TalkTalk Support member will need to verify you as the registered email user and set up your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number (the Reset details) so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile:

• Your name, current home 'phone number (if available). An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address needing recovery, other notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

A TalkTalk Support member will reply to this thread and then Community Personal Message you to confirm your customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address.

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox. Check via the  TalkTalk Mail sign in that you can access the mailbox.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

Hi PBWatson 

Do you know the current email password or is the password forgotten and you cannot reset because password recovery reset details aren't present?

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband customer or MailPlus subscriber and is the email address listed in your customer MyAccount?

What is the email domain - just the part of the email address following the @ symbol?