email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send emails from Chromebook

AlineF
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

I have a chromebook and am using talk talk webmail but cannot send any emails. Getting the following error:

message could not be sent to the following recipients: xxxxxxxx@xxxx (554 - 554 5.2.0 cjylmwr8gl7wk sender denied (tt608) )

I have just logged into webmail on my phone and sent an email successfully from there.

Help????

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi AlineF, did Gondola help you get sorted with this? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 4

HI AlineF, do you have an active TalkTalk broadband or TalkTalk Mail Plus account? If not your mailbox may have been limited to prevent you from using mail clients.

You can sign up for TalkTalk Mail Plus now.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi AlineF 

The TT608 error is detection of multiple concurrent logins or attempted logins to your mailbox from geographically distanced locations.

A potential sign of a compromised mailbox but can be caused if the user's devices are signed in via distanced access points. For example, one of your devices may be signed in via a VPN host or a workplace and you're also signed in directly at home i.e. a false positive for hacking.  Some security software does feature the use of a VPN for privacy and security but if that makes your sign in appear as though its in a different country that can flag up a false positive and restriction on sending mail.

So if you sign out of all devices, scan devices to ensure they're clean of viruses, trojans and password grabbing malware and then, as a precaution, change and upgrade your email password.

Use the Forgotten password button in the help page  Changing your email password preferably using a reset code of 6 digits sent to your recovery mobile number. A hacker wouldn't physically have your mobile to know you're changing the password.

Just use TalkTalk Mail webmail for the time being.

Let us know how you're signed in to TalkTalk Mail, and on what devices and the ways you were viewing your mail messages when the issue first happened.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution