email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send emails, they get stuck in my outbox.

Eccles13
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

I can send them from the web but not from my email account on my laptop. My IMAP settings haven't changed.  My laptop has Windows 8.1 and my internet is talktalk.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Please keep us posted on your progress. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi @Eccles13 

As you're using Windows 8.1 you'll need to download compatible email software like Thunderbird.

Thunderbird will probably set up perfectly well just by entering your email address and password. But should you need to set up manually select an IMAP email account and enter the server settings; here they are:

Account Type  IMAP
Username username@talktalk.net
Password Email password
IMAP mail server name mail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port 993
Incoming Connection Security SSL/TLS
Authentication method Normal Password
SMTP mail server name smtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Connection Security STARTTLS
Authentication method Normal Password

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 10

Yes, and I have the app on my phone.  But I want to be able to reply on my laptop as it has a proper keyboard.  It drives me mad and takes too long using one finger at a time!  

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi @Eccles13 

Can you sign in to TalkTalk Mail via an Internet browser and the sign in?

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and your email password, select Sign in.

Message 5 of 10

I am receiving messages and have always been able to reply to them up until a couple of weeks ago.  It now says that talk talk is unavailable.

Has something changed with talk talk?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi Eccles13, Gondola won't steer you wrong. If you follow the advice you'll get the result you're looking for. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 7 of 10

Hi Eccles13 

If that's Windows Mail on Windows 8 then it may not support IMAP (or POP3) setup that's required for connection to the TalkTalk Mail server.

If you don't have a Windows 10 OS with Windows Mail then you'll just use TalkTalk Mail via an Internet browser.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and your email password, select Sign in.

Eccles13
First Timer
Message 8 of 10

1624208504545407580441.jpg

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Eccles13 

What's the email client and do you get any error message on sending?

It's possible there's an issue with password authentication for the outgoing SMTP server. Are you using the same settings as the incoming server as regards Username and password? 

Take screenshots of the incoming and outgoing server settings and advanced settings, obscure the first part of the email address and upload here and I'll see what you see and can make a follow up recommendation.