email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send emails with third party email servers Thunderbird

Thunderbird1
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Dear All,

I pay £5 per month for my email service and use Thunderbird from Mozilla as my third party app. Can receive but not send emails for past two weeks.

Keeps asking for password but even when i put this in it just keeps asking again and will not send emails. Have uninstalled - reinstalled the app and it may work for one day but then resorts to asking for password again and again.

Works Ok in webmail. Imap settings are correct - checked dozens of times.

Tried to set up other third party apps like outlook but they show errors when I do so so guess their is something wrong at talk talk end.

Mail quota is fine less than 4gb out of 10gb.

Help please

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Thunderbird1, has Gondola helped you get this sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi Thunderbird1 

If the email password you use isn't particularly strong then upgrade it. Changing your email password 

I'd recommend removing saved logins for the relevant mail servers from Thunderbird's password manager.  There are separate saved logins for imap and smtp servers.

Then close Thunderbird to ensure those saved logins are fully removed and then relaunch Thunderbird.

When you next synchronise / send mail from Thunderbird it will request the password so tick the Remember the password box before entering the correct password.

Should be ok from here on.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution