email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send or receive Tiscali emails

rautospoon
Whizz Kid
Message 15 of 15

Hi. Getting this error message on WLM :

Unable to send or receive messages for the Tiscali.co XXXXX account. The host 'pop.tiscali.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.

Server: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 11002

Any ideas ? Thank you.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

I suppose I shouldn't have changed the ports.  I managed to close WLM and when i try to open from toolbar I just get the "tasks" attempting to send 2 emails and can't open the mailbox.  Tea in cricket so close down and try again!

Or maybe not!  I searched for solution and ended up changing some setting in WLM.  I have opened the mail box by CTRL ALT DEL, closing, then opening and now have loads of emails and empty outbox.

Later though can't send from wife's @talktalk.net

0 Likes

rautospoon
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 15

I am also on Windows 8 on my laptop - computers "the devils work " ! Good luck.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

thanks for letting me know.  Mine still not working on win8.1 laptop POP3, but seems to be ok on my iphone and wife's ipad with imap.

0 Likes

rautospoon
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 15

Hi davep. My WLM emails are now working perfectly and I did nothing but "wait and see". Cheers.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

@rautospoon I'm still having problems, probably with WLM.  Is yours still ok?  Did you do anything other than "wait and see"?

Thanks

0 Likes

rautospoon
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 15

Hi Ady. Now working fine. Thanky you.

Message 7 of 15

Hi rautospoon, it can often take a while for the queues to clear after an outage. Is your mail working normally again now? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

rautospoon
Whizz Kid
Message 8 of 15

After receiving my "backlog" of emails after todays problems, I am still unable to semnd emails (they just "sit" in my Outbox) and I received this message with the first one I tried to send :

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's email address. The sender's email address was 'xxxxxc@tiscali.co.uk'.

Subject 'Re: Appointment'
Server Error: 550
Server Response: 550 5.1.0 4TELoeEA1R7i7 Sender Domain Invalid (TT420)
Server: 'smtp.tiscali.co.uk'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

Please advise when this annoying and continuing problem will be finally and permanently fixed ?

Thank you.

rautospoon
Whizz Kid
Message 9 of 15

I am content to remain with WLM on an "if it ain't broke don't fix it basis".

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

WLM is not a supported product. If you choose to use it your email contents and password are at risk.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

davep
Insightful One
Message 11 of 15

as an update:  wife sent email from hotmail on her ipad to my tiscali email.  She received it on her ipad but it hasn't come through on my laptop or iphone.  

I've changed the ports and mine not working.  @rautospoon you may well be correct in saying wait for it to work.

0 Likes

rautospoon
Whizz Kid
Message 12 of 15

Thanks for the replies. I can receive but not send emails on webmail. My incoming mail is POP3 and my outgoing mail is SMTP. In all the many years I have been with TT (previously Tiscali) WLM has always worked perectly and the only problem I have ever had with my WLM emails is the Tiscali server "going down" every now and then. I am loathe to fiddle with any settings (I am not very "tech minded") as "experience tells me" this only makes things worse and the best thing to do is just to wait for the Tiscali server to start working again. Cheers.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 13 of 15

Hi rautospoon 

The tiscali.co.uk DNS is down. If you update your server settings on the 'phone email app and computer's email client to the recommended talktalk.net host name then your mail send should work. But note that WLM is not a supported product.

The email client software / app may require updating of email settings. All TalkTalk Consumer mailboxes use the same Email Settings. See  TalkTalk Mail Support Hub

On updating the email software incoming, outgoing and some advanced server settings, you'll possibly be asked to accept a new certificate (yes, accept) and to enter the email password so have the current password ready. Tick to remember or save the password before entering it.

Supported* email client and app settings are:

Account Type  IMAP (recommended) or POP3
Username Full email address
Password Email password
Incoming mail server mail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port (IMAP / POP3) 993 / 995
Incoming Connection Security SSL/TLS (Use SSL on for mobile)
Outgoing mail server smtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Connection Security STARTTLS (Use SSL on for mobile)
Outgoing Authentication Required Yes
Authentication Method Normal Password

* Email clients, apps and devices that do not support secure mail using a minimum of TLS1.2 connection security are not supported.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 15

Hi rautospoon, there was supposed to be maintenance running this morning but it was cancelled so I've raised this to the incidents team. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.