email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send or recieve mail using apple mail

wi1soni
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help with the setup of a talktalk email account on an apple device. I have recently changed my talktalk webmail password because I wasn't able to login. I can get into webmail just fine, but am having issues when trying to set up my email using apple mail.

I have removed my email accounts from both my iMac and iPhone, intending to re-add them and login with the new password like I did with webmail. However when I try to do this, it insists that the username or password is incorrect, when I know this is not the case because webmail allows me in. It often tells me that the account "cannot be verified".

Additionally, when I try to re-add the account, I get a "cannot connect using SSL" message. If I proceed by trying to setup without SSL, it tells me that the "smtp.talktalk.net server is not responding" and that I need to enter the correct account into Mail settings. If I try to setup with SSL, the account is unable to send or receive mail. 

I have deleted the account from my devices and have re-added it countless times but with no avail. 

I need my email to work on my iPhone and iMac before I begin university! If anyone has a solution to this or knows what I am doing wrong, I would be so grateful if you could let me know. Thank you.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi wi1soni, If you follow Gondola's advice you'll be sorted in no time. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi wi1soni 

Heads up that orphan email addresses, that's TalkTalk Mail addresses not added to an active TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount, are being limited to Internet browser webmail access and flagged for deletion if no action is taken. TalkTalk email notifications are being sent.

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or MailPlus, mail only, subscriber customer and if so is the TalkTalk Mail email address added to your customer MyAccount?  Let us know if you're a full-fibre home broadband TalkTalk Consumer customer. Manage TalkTalk Mail options are not yet included in the full-fibre MyAccount management. 

Email not showing in My Account

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

If you know the current email password you'll get signed in via this webmail access.

Let us know about your customer status. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution