email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot verify server identity. The identity of smtp.tiscali.co.uk cannot be verified by Mail

Caraman2
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 2

Hi My iPhone and iPad have updated to IOS 11.4.1 and now get this pesky message when using mail. Checked settings as per recommended by talk talk but the only way to get rid of it is to change the settings and when the email settings are verified the error comes up again and can be accepted manually.

using pop.tiscali.co.uk, smtp.tiscali.co.uk, SSL in on but error suggests that the server does not use SSL. THE CERTIFICATE relates to I map.tiscali.co.uk not trusted but not using imap!

any ideas?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Message 1 of 2

Hi @Caraman2

If you're using POP3 settings (not recommended for multiple device use as IMAP is intended for that) but for a manual setup the POP3 incoming port number for SSL on is 995.  For the smtp outgoing server with SSL on the outgoing port number is 587. Authentication in both cases is by password and you'll use the email address as username and the email password in both cases.

As you say, if on first setting up the account you get the certificate error you can usually tap continue and trust and when the settings are fully set up and verified you shouldn't have a problem.

If you're unsure of any settings, let me know.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes