email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Access Mail (Locked Out)

Maurmac1
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hi i am currently trying to access my email.. 'tiscali.co.uk' i havent been using this email for a few years now however emails still get sent here and it isnt synced to my hotmail anymore for some reason.. i need to get access to important emails like recovering passwords ect for other things.. when i go to recover password it has a totally different phone number and the email to send the recovery to isnt mine.. what should i do in this situation? im not sure why the account was locked/blocked.

maureen osagiede
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Maurmac1, I've sent you a personal message to get more information so that we can get the password reset for you. 

Please reply to my message and include an alternate email address and mobile number hat you want to use. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

when do you think i should get a reply? i really need to access the email at this time. something has been sent there i need to get access too

maureen osagiede
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Yes, Maureen. That's the plan. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 4 of 6

okay i have put the details within my profile so someone should get back to me in due course??

maureen osagiede

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Maurmac1 

I'll let TalkTalk know that the tiscali mailbox has been compromised, password and password reset options changed as you say these are not what you set up. 

The mailbox has not been deleted, as it would have been if just left unused, but would appear to have remained active because it's being used by someone else.  You're sure you had the email address correct when trying for a password reset?

A TT Staff member will need to verify you as the registered email user and set up Reset details with your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

To proceed, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current landline and mobile contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address needing recovery and Save changes.

In due course a TalkTalk Community TT Staff member will reply here (probably Monday) and then Community Personal Message you to confirm your customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address.

When verified the Reset details will be set up within 48 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

If you don't know how the password came to be discovered I'd suggest scanning your email devices for viruses and malware before changing any password.

When you do get access via the TalkTalk Mail sign in check there's no Auto forward or Filter rule diverting your mail messages.

Main Settings menu (triple line icon top right header - mobile browser? use the desktop version) > Settings > Select the arrow by Mail / Email in the side panel > select Auto forward - untick Enable > go back to the side panel and select Filter rules - if there are any select Disable or Delete.

Advice on using TalkTalk Mail

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution