email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change auto delete on emails forwarded to Outlook

sueda
Team Player
Message 8 of 8

Hoping someone can help.  A long time ago I had my talktalk emails set to delete as soon as they were forwarded to Outlook.  This has proven a mistake on a couple of occasions recently!

Is it possible to change that setting?  Ideally I'd like them to auto delete after, say, a week or month.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

I tested mine yesterday with all 3 ticked it worked fine. What settings do you have in Outlook is that also set to leave a copy on the server? 

I'm not saying mines okay so yours should be, but my comparison testing worked so that I can see what should be happening for you. It infuriates me when I'm told it's working fine here and don't want you thinking that was my response. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi OCE_Ady,

I tried it will all three boxes ticked and with just the first two boxes ticked.  Same result - I end up with two emails forwarded to Outlook - and then deleted on talktalk.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi sueda, when you followed Gondola's post what tick boxes did you end up with and which were checked?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 8

Hi OCE_Chris

Yes, still the same problem.  There's probably a simple fix for this but I can't find it!

Any ideas?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi sueda,

How are you getting on, are you still experiencing problems?

Chris

Message 6 of 8
Thanks stevesurrey but sadly didn't work. I got two emails in my inbox - and they both deleted after they auto forwarded to Outlook.
0 Likes

stevesurrey
Enlightened One
Message 7 of 8

Follow the second set of instructions for NEW talktalk webmail given by @Gondola in this thread Email-forwarding . You will find an option box to tick in order to keep a copy of the forwarded message.

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!