Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Change of" my account login email address"

24 REPLIES 24
silverwill
Wise Owl

On 20th april I contacted help line and requested a change in the Email address that I use for login to "my account". (Simples !) after an hours call I had made no progress.

Then I tried chat line and after a good hour or so the agent left the building(  I  presume) so I had to start new chat which was a waste of time(very unhelpful agent and snippy!! agent vanished again, so retried chat . This time i got a very helpful agent and eventually he assured me that it was all sorted out so he then departed, and I tried to login and surprise ! It failed to work.

Since then I have phoned and chatted with other agents(for hours) , none could help, but said its a technical problem but I should be able to log in again in 3 or 4 days time.

wullseas
OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi silverwill, what happens when you try to change the login address in MyAccount? Do you get an error message? 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

silverwill
Wise Owl

Hi Ady

Yes the error says wrong email address or password has been entered.

Was expecting the problem to be solved today, so I was informed  after 3days, and this message came in today !!!

Thank you for contacting TalkTalk regarding MyAccount.

If you’re having difficulties accessing MyAccount, this may be caused by your web browser.

To resolve this issue and view your bill online, follow this quick and easy steps.
1. Close down all web browser windows, and then reopen the web browser that you're using, type in the My Account URL: https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk
2. Log into My Account, check to see if you can now view your bills
3. If you can’t, you will need to clear your cookies, cache and history. Find out how to do this on our help pages http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/broadband-wireless/how-do-i-clear-my-browser-cache
4. Once cleared, log into My Account and try to view your bill again
5. If this still doesn’t work, try another browser; Chrome, Firefox. You can download Chrome for free at https://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/chrome/browser/?hl=en-GB
6. If you are stil having difficulties, contact our Technical Support Team on 0345 172 0088.

I hope I’ve explained things clearly for you here. If you have questions about anything else, feel free to get back to us.

Kind regards,

all things tried over 3 days at least 2/3 times, but being an optimist I tried it all over again,"Bingo" did not work. chat agent today was of very little help, we had slight language problems.

At the end of tel call she assured me they would look into it ??

regards 

will

wullseas
OCE_Ady

Hi Will, I'm sure you'll have tried all these steps already, but could you run through the forgotten password for MyAccount help article and tell me what happens. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

silverwill
Wise Owl

Hi Ady, thanks for that one I forgot it was there, but sadly it did not workloud_crying_face

The message shown is either password or email address is wrong.

I feel as though this all happened after first  phone agent reset my old email address to suit my new one.

Ihave been trying to point out to all that my old address was an aol one, and he set it up using part old one with added letters etc.(but not many of the agent were interested, if any

cheers

wullseas
silverwill
Wise Owl

Sorry Ady, meant to say that both my new emails can send and recieve mail.

wullseas
OCE_Ady

Will, I can change the login address for you but I can't know your password. I've sent you a private message.

silverwill
Wise Owl

Thanks Ady, have been on phone with a "teckie" for over an hour and a half, again driving each other round the bend due to language probs and other things and got nowhere he wanted to pass me on to a "pay for engineer" needless to say that was refused, then  I asked to speak with a manager/supervisor He was getting him to contact me within24 hrs, again I said surely there is a manager with you today ? eventually he put a manager on the line, he went over some things asked questions etc,asked me to try login to my account which I did with trepidation and lo and behold "logged in!!!!"Face_with_tears_of_joyall within approx 20 minutes. may still have a very small problem, but he has booked me in for a catchup  on Thursday.

Thanks for your assistance, much appreciated.

wullseas
OCE_Ady

Glad to hear it's sorted. Thanks for posting back to let us know. 

silverwill
Wise Owl

Hi Ady, I still have a small ?  problem, that I was going to bring up on Thusday when teckie manager comes back to me, but I think you would be the best person to run it by as by now I am confused!  (.com lol)

The email address that I use for Talktalk "my account" login allows me to log into my account, but for some reason I cannot log into "webmail",so I am unable to pickup emails.

regards

wullseas
OCE_Ady

Have you tried changing the password? A quick password reset in these instances is usually all that's needed to clear the problem. 

silverwill
Wise Owl

Hi Ady, is that the page in my account , my problem is that the my account p/word has not beem changed, but my email p/word let me in, and dont want to confuse things any more than they already are.

but will give it a try

cheers

wullseas
OCE_Ady

Let me know how you get on. 

silverwill
Wise Owl

Thanks Ady, at long last my ducks are all in a row Clapping after a struggle with brain"deadness" and lack of knowledge from me.

much appreciated. (techies could not get to grips with it either) so Kudos to you.

regards

wullseas
OCE_Ady

That's great Will, thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

silverwill
Wise Owl

Hi Ady, I think I should stop posting , as each time they/I  think it is sorted, Bang ! and I now have no email service again.

Service dept have run out of idea`s and have now escalated it for the 3/4th time ! and I am rather" browned off" putting it very mildly, thats No reliable email access, or "my account" service since frid 20th April.

What would help if we had a UK based tech dept, who can fully understand what is being said.

Sorry to put it so bluntly, bet we pay for a reliable service dept, which seems to be failing big time with this matter.

I expect to hear from them again on Sunday !Face_with_tears_of_joy

regards

Will

wullseas
OCE_Ady

Will, I am in the UK and am keen to help you get this sorted. 

silverwill
Wise Owl

Hi Ady,  yes and I appreciate your help, and the fact that you listen to the problem and then give good advice .

Not like  tech dept, all I seem to hear is try another browser , (frequently) then ask for my details to make sure I have not changed the "@talktalk.net" bit for example, or even my name !!!!! and all the time saying we will fix it for sure, every day for the last 7days, then they drop out of chat thus ending dialog, then starting all over again from the beginning,has happened frequently.

Then even after they escalate the problem !!!!! (4 times so far ) they never get back to say what if anything is happening.but someone will phone me Quiet_face not as yet ! have not heard a word.

Last instruction from yesterday , dont try your email  for next 2/3 days ? Maybe the fault is healing itself , so sshhhhh let it rest for a day or so.

Sorry, but thats my rant over for today, I feel brighter getting it off my chestWink

So any advice is welcomed.

regards

Will

wullseas
silverwill
Wise Owl

Hi Ady,  The problem still ongoing, but only for webmail access.

I managed to get logged on yesterday(Sat) and into My Account, but this morning again as has been happening since Frid 20th, no webmail access.

On Frid 27th I was promised that someone from tech ??? would phone me with an update between 3pm and 6pm on( Sunday apr 29th), so like a numptie ! I stayed home all day today waiting for the word that the problem had been fixed or even found, or that work had been going to cure it.

I must be living in" cloud cuckoo land" to believe that.

9 days without reliable email facility ! never knowing what was going to work or not.

Not a word from tech dept apart from change browser, change password, mind you, it may well be because of the language problem that has been going on anytime I phoned up last week, they do not appear to be the least bit interested, as they appear to use "a Tick Box" system and once boxes are ticked they are happy to sit back ,if its not on the list they are Confused.com !

"Bring back a UK based call centre"  

regards

Will

wullseas
silverwill
Wise Owl

Hi again, Still unable to log in to webmail , every now and again I can get in ???  then next time I cannot access it.

Still quoting the alert message " wrong email address or wrong password entered"

Still nothing from call centre help line for the last 11 days !

wullseas