email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of" my account login email address"

silverwill
Wise Owl
Message 25 of 25

On 20th april I contacted help line and requested a change in the Email address that I use for login to "my account". (Simples !) after an hours call I had made no progress.

Then I tried chat line and after a good hour or so the agent left the building(  I  presume) so I had to start new chat which was a waste of time(very unhelpful agent and snippy!! agent vanished again, so retried chat . This time i got a very helpful agent and eventually he assured me that it was all sorted out so he then departed, and I tried to login and surprise ! It failed to work.

Since then I have phoned and chatted with other agents(for hours) , none could help, but said its a technical problem but I should be able to log in again in 3 or 4 days time.

wullseas
24 REPLIES 24

Message 21 of 25

Hi Ady, thanks for that one I forgot it was there, but sadly it did not workemoticon.sadtears.title

The message shown is either password or email address is wrong.

I feel as though this all happened after first  phone agent reset my old email address to suit my new one.

Ihave been trying to point out to all that my old address was an aol one, and he set it up using part old one with added letters etc.(but not many of the agent were interested, if any

cheers

wullseas
0 Likes

Message 22 of 25

Hi Will, I'm sure you'll have tried all these steps already, but could you run through the forgotten password for MyAccount help article and tell me what happens. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 25

Hi Ady

Yes the error says wrong email address or password has been entered.

Was expecting the problem to be solved today, so I was informed  after 3days, and this message came in today !!!

Thank you for contacting TalkTalk regarding MyAccount.

If you’re having difficulties accessing MyAccount, this may be caused by your web browser.

To resolve this issue and view your bill online, follow this quick and easy steps.
1. Close down all web browser windows, and then reopen the web browser that you're using, type in the My Account URL: https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk
2. Log into My Account, check to see if you can now view your bills
3. If you can’t, you will need to clear your cookies, cache and history. Find out how to do this on our help pages http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/broadband-wireless/how-do-i-clear-my-browser-cache
4. Once cleared, log into My Account and try to view your bill again
5. If this still doesn’t work, try another browser; Chrome, Firefox. You can download Chrome for free at https://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/chrome/browser/?hl=en-GB
6. If you are stil having difficulties, contact our Technical Support Team on 0345 172 0088.

I hope I’ve explained things clearly for you here. If you have questions about anything else, feel free to get back to us.

Kind regards,

all things tried over 3 days at least 2/3 times, but being an optimist I tried it all over again,"Bingo" did not work. chat agent today was of very little help, we had slight language problems.

At the end of tel call she assured me they would look into it ??

regards 

will

wullseas
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 24 of 25

Hi silverwill, what happens when you try to change the login address in MyAccount? Do you get an error message? 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes