email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change password on two old onetel email accounts

OldNGC
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

This is my first use of the community forum so bear with me if I am not up to speed.

My wife & I each use an old onetel email addresses as well as one talktalk email addresses.

We think our onetel addresses have been hacked so how do I change the passwords on these 2 accounts. I have tried logging in to my TalkTalk account but cannot find how to access the settings on the onetel addresses.

For security reasons I would like to get this done ASAP.

HELP!!!

John Spence
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Having started the process of requesting new passwords for 2 onetel accounts as they had been hacked it now appears I have 2 new passwords on these accounts.

Unfortunately no one has told me what they are so I cannot log into either of them.

Help please

John Spence
0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hi @OldNGC , 

Sorry for the delayed reply, we're doing our best in these unprecedented circumstances due to the Corona virus to answer everyone as quickly as possible.

I have sent you a PM, please can you reply to that?

Thanks

SimonB

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi @OldNGC 

Whilst you can manage password changes for your TalkTalk mail boxes either via MyAccount or via Password recovery, Reset details, the onetel mailboxes haven't yet been integrated into the TalkTalk Mail platform and any password resets have to be done by the onetel email admins.

Managing your email in My Account 

I can push a request to the TalkTalk team to verify the registered mail users and authorise password changes, in fact I've done that already, but heads up that it's unlikely in the present circumstances for this to be a quick fix.

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the onetel email address(es) with any relevant other notes and finally save changes.

The rest will follow when TalkTalk pick up this thread and reply.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

0 Likes