email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed password and lost all emails.

FiMcM
Popular Poster
Message 25 of 25

Good morning, 

I changed my email account password yesterday and can no longer access anything in my inbox that I had before the change. My sent emails are still there, but I'd really like to get these emails back. Can anyone help? 

Many thanks!
Fiona

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 21 of 25

Hi Fiona

The TalkTalk team will check out the mailbox, probably on Tuesday.

The indications are that the Kindle is set up as a POP3 account and is responsible for deleting emails in the Inbox. The fact that you say it deletes after a threshold and only the Inbox is affected does appear to confirm it's acting just like a POP3 account.

The email account's Advanced settings > Incoming server settings will give the answer.

Screenshot, image edit to obscure the first part of your email address and post here using the Photos icon (camera) above this reply area and I'll take a look.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 22 of 25

Hi Chris and Gondola, 

Thank you. I've now updated these details on my profile. This is a talktalk.net email address, and I haven't added any new devices. I have this account synced to my Kindle, which is holding a few of the older emails [but deletes after a threshold], and I primarily check this account through talktalk webmail. As soon as I changed the password the emails from before the change were deleted. Only from my inbox - sent, drafts and those in folders were still intact, but I'm really hopeful the inbox can be retrieved!

Thank you, 

Fiona

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 23 of 25

Hi Fiona,

Has Gondola's advice helped? If you still need assistance can your please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 24 of 25

Hi Fiona

Changing an email password makes no changes to the email mailbox. 

But if at the same time a new device has been set up to connect to your mailbox and the device has been set up as a POP3 account that downloads and deletes emails from the Inbox that could be one reason for not seeing Inbox emails.  Those emails will be downloaded to the new device only. 

If you are using multiple devices to connect to your email mailbox then let us know and we can help you to change the device account settings from POP3 to IMAP. With IMAP what you see in your email mailbox is the same in Webmail and on each device as they're all synchronised to the mailbox.

First, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current address and contact 'phone numbers and then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes - also include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password - and then Save changes.

What's the email domain - the bit of the email address after the @ for example talktalk.net, lineone.net, ukgateway.net or another?

Have you checked the mailbox by signing in to TalkTalk Mail?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes