email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Onetel email

1Cherry1
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 8

Hi

After over 20 years it seems my onetel email account has been hacked.
Someone has access to it and clear my alternative email address and changed passwords in other accounts and stole giftcards from cashback accounts.
How can I change the password? I cannot see an option in the app.

Regards

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

And just as a follow up on the emails ending up in your Spam folder that's going to happen if you auto forward from your personal domain because the mail will be accepted but marked as spam because the SPF record on the sender is set for a soft-fail. i.e. accepted but potential spam because your personal domain sender isn't a permitted sender for TalkTalk Mail messages.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Thanks for posting back to let us know 1Cherry1.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 8

Hi 1Cherry1 

It wouldn't be a surprise if the hacker hadn't altered the password recovery reset details.

It's worth checking these Reset details are present and correct before opting to change the password. 

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your onetel email address and your new email password, select Sign in.

Update your reset details is an option on the main settings menu (triple line icon on the top right header or cog icon on a mobile browser).

Menu options - Update your reset details 05Aug2020

Check, and update the Reset details if needed.

The Reset your password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery. 

My recommendation is to exceed the minimum required and use a 12-15 multicase letters and numbers password that also includes a symbol. Created from multiple words gives an opportunity to memorise the password that, for security, needs to be unique to the mailbox. The Internet browser that you use for TalkTalk Mail may also offer to generate a secure password and will save the login for you.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

1Cherry1
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 8

All sorted.

The TalkTalk emails end up in the Onetel spam folder, who would believe it?

Emails are not sent to the gmail recovery address and a text is not received on the mobile number.

Thanks

1Cherry1
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 8

I am not a current customer as the account TalkTalk account is not in my name.  I use TalkTalk in the houshold.
So I canmot use my account.

I used the app

====

Reset your password
  1. Enter your email
  2. Reset options
  3. Retrieve access
  4. Reset password
  5. Confirmation
tick

We've emailed you a link to reset your password.

What next?

Please give the email a few minutes to get to you then click on the link in it.

If you can't find the email, it's worth just checking your Spam folder too.

Didn't get your email? Please send it again.

0 Likes

1Cherry1
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 8

I have set up a recovery email.
The recovery email or text never arrives so I cannot change the password

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi 1cherry1, if you're a current customer and have access to manage mail in MyAccount or you followed the guidance and setup password reset options for the password reset tool you'll be able to quickly reset the password yourself. If you aren't or didn't then you'll need our help to do it. Please let me know of you need our help. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.