email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from POP3 to IMAP in livemail

peterj44
First Timer
Message 1 of 6

how do i change from pop3 to imap in livemail 2012 win8?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 6

Hi Peter

You're aware that Windows Live Mail is no longer supported and is replaced by the Mail app within Windows 8?

You can still use WLM if you wish.  You just manually Configure server settings.  Below are settings for talktalk.net email.  Other talktalk supported email services are here.

Incoming server set to: IMAP

Incoming server address: mail.talktalk.net

Port: 993

Requires a secure connection (SSL): Tick

Authenticate using: clear text

Logon user name: your full talktalk.net email address

Outgoing server address: smtp.talktalk.net

Port: 587

Requires a secure connection (SSL): Tick

Requires Authentication: Tick

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 6

Hi peterj44, please let us know if Gondola has got you sorted. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Thank you Gondola.

I didn't realise that I would have to set up a new account to change from pop3 to imap. However, from the information supplied, I was able to set up the new imap account and import messages from the pop3 account. Thank you very much.

Incidentally, I realise that Windows Livemail has been superceded, but I like to be able to store my emails in my folders over which I have control, back them up and share with my other widows systems.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 6

Hi Peter

Great to know you're up and running with the IMAP settings.  Thanks for taking time out to let us know. 

Enjoy the weekend.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Message 6 of 6

Hi Peter, I've marked Gondola's post as the best answer for you. This means other members with the same issue will get the same excellent help that you did. Thanks for posting back to let us know that you're sorted now. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.