email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking if old tiscali email is active - and if, so resetting password

12barblues
First Timer
Message 10 of 10
I hope someone can help - is there any way to check if an old tiscali email account that is no longer being used is active? and if so - can the password can be reset? (even though it is not logged into it anywhere).  

Am trying to reset an apple ID password for my grandfather so he can use his ipad (he reset it without logging out so the activation lock is on, and have been unable to find his passwords for either the tiscali or the apple id account.

The apple Id was set up using a tiscali account some years ago and he has since switched to a different provider.  

I have put the email address and some other verifying info in the ‘private notes’ section and wondered if someone can confirm if (a) the account is still valid/active, and if so, (b) can the password be reset? 
If it is possible, my grandfather is happy to be contacted about it - I just want to find out for him that it is feasible first (he has a lot on his plate at the moment as he is my nan’s full time carer)
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Just to close this topic, I see that Ady-TalkTalk has picked up the topic for your grandfather and will do whatever he can to get access to the mailbox for your grandfather to use.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 10

Hi 12barblues, make sure he posts that he needs help resetting is his password reset details so that we can get it done quickly. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 10

Thanks again Gondola - will help him get onto this ASAP 

Message 4 of 10

Hi 12barblues 

If the plan is to just use the tiscali mailbox for a few days then so long as mailbox deletion because of non-use hasn't already been notified it's likely to be ok. I would urge you to get grandfather registered with Community soon so that the recovery process can get underway.

Message 5 of 10

Thanks Gondola - so would he be able to reset the account for a brief period (days) to enable me to help him to access the mailbox before it is closed (to enable his Apple ID to be changed) - or would he have to pay for a months access to sort it? I am just thinking of the logistics of trying to help him as he lives in Wales and I live in Suffolk and trying to set up a DD might be a bit too much for him to handle by himself so it would need to wait til I next go down which could be a few months) thanks again

Message 6 of 10

Hi 12barblues 

Just seeing the one option to reset the tiscali mailbox password means the email address / mailbox is active but your grandfather has not set up password reset recovery options. So, those recovery options, called Reset details - a password recovery email address and mobile 'phone number, will need to be set up in liaison with your grandfather.

He'll need to register with this Community and request that TalkTalk set up Reset details after they've verified his personal details to make sure he is the registered user of the email address. Do you think you could help him to register please?

As he's not a current customer, if he wishes to retain the tiscali email address for a bit longer he'll need to know About TalkTalk Mail Plus the subscription service for mail only customers.

Message 7 of 10

Hi Gondola,

thanks for getting back to me so quickly - tried the Forgotten password button as suggested. And the ‘reset your password’ options come up. I got as far as step 3 but as the reset goes to the tiscali account in question, I can get no further. Does this help?

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 10

Hi 12barblues, has Gondola got this sorted for you?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @12barblues 

If you try the Forgotten password button in the help page Changing your email password do you see an error message indicating no domain or do you get to the password recovery options?