email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close old pipex email account

nowmoved
Popular Poster
Message 26 of 26

Can I request that my old pipex email account is closed as it is no longer used.

I have provided the information required in my private notes section.

Thanks

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

The passwords have all been reset. My colleague who would normally disable the inboxes is on leave so I'm just trying to find someone else who's got the necessary access. I'll post back as soon as I can. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 26

I've sent another chaser for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 26

I’ve still not had any comfirmation that my accounts were disabled and emails are still not being bounced.

As a matter of urgency can you please at least get the confirmation that these were disabled as it is now several weeks and several chases.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 4 of 26

I'm sorry it's not happened. I've sent another chaser over for you.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 26

Still not heard anything, now two weeks after I lost access (3 weeks after the original request).

Also emails to these accounts are still not being rejected, so as far as I can see all that has happened is that the passwords have been changed, the inboxes have not been disabled.

Please can you chase again.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 26

I've chased it again this morning for you. I'm sorry it's taking so long. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 26

After seven days I have still not heard anything, no confirmation that my loss of access to the email accounts is because they have been disable.

Also emails sent to these addresses are still not being returned/bounced.

I need confirmation ASAP that the accounts have been disable and I aslo need the inboxes set to reject all incoming email.

Please can you chase again as it is not acceptable for the accounts to be disabled without getting confirmation.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 26

I'm sorry it's still not been sorted. I've sent another chaser and I'll stay on it for you.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 26

I’ve still not received any confirmation that the email accounts have been closed.

I lost access to the accounts about 5 days ago.

Also the inboxes do not seem to have been disabled as emails sent to these addresses are not being returned.

Please can you chase this again as I need confirmstion ASAP.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 26

Hi nowmoved, I've sent a chaser for you. I'm hoping it won't take too much longer to be sorted. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 26

Also at the moment emails sent to these disabled accounts are not being bounced (at least last time I tried), I assume this should also be working when they have completed all the activities.

I will update when I get confirmation, can you please do the same.

Thanks for your continued help

0 Likes

Message 12 of 26

You're right it does mean they've been disabled. I've not had any contact about it either. I'll hopefully hear later today. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 26

I have just lost access to the email accounts I asked to be closed, which I assume means they have been disabled, but I have not had any confirmation that this is the case.

When should I receive thus confirmation?

Thanks

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 26

I've sent a chaser to the team for you. I'm hoping you don't have to wait too long. 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 26

As requested I am chasing as its Thursday and I’ve not heard anything yet about the accounts being closed (we can still access them).

Please can you case and get them closed ASAP.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 26

We're aware it's not a new hack. I believe security are collaborating to help pinpoint the scammers so please send as many as you can. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 26

I have already sent one through, I can send a few more through if they arrive before the accounts are closed.

I am a little bit surprised that they are not being recognised as spoofed from addresses by the email server and automatically blocked.

When they include passwords these are not for our email accounts, they are from previously known hacks, such as Last.FM (which had individual passwords).

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 18 of 26

Would you be kind enough to forward a few of those mails to abuse@pipex.net please?

0 Likes

Message 19 of 26

Will do.

We want these accounts closed ASAP as all we’re getting is the "spoof" hacker emails that other people are getting.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 20 of 26

Just to post back and chase me on Thursday so that I can chase my colleagues to do the reset for you.

0 Likes