email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing a TalkTalk account and keeping Tiscali emails attached to the closed account

andrewgrundy01
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hi, I need to close a TalkTalk account but wish to keep the Tiscali email addresses attached to this account. I've tried to create a TalkTalk mail plus account however it thinks I'm already linked to a TalkTalk account...I'm happy to pay the £5.00/month but I can't get to that point?

Should I create another email address in my Tiscali webmail account, use this to create a TalkTalk mail plus account and then move the other Tiscali email addresses or is there an easier way? I'm desperate not to loose the email addresses.

Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi andrewgrundy01, the information provided by Gondola is absolutely right. When you cancel the current account you'll be given the option to sign up for TalkTalk Mail Plus. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 5

Hi andrewgrundy01 

The customer MyAccount will remain open for 12 months but that's just to ensure billing is finalised and for you to download billing for the previous 12 month period.

However, as soon as the customer MyAccount ceases to be for a live home broadband service then it will be possible for you to subscribe to MailPlus.

The normal leaving process includes a mail message from TalkTalk to your MyAccount login email address to invite you to subscribe to MailPlus to retain the use of your linked TalkTalk email addresses.  Should you choose not to subscribe to MailPlus then the email address may be limited to webmail only access for 6 months and then flagged for deletion. But you would receive email notifications from TalkTalk about limited access and deletion. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

andrewgrundy01
First Timer
Message 3 of 5

TalkTalk account is currently active for broadband and internet, currently moving to a provider managed by my business. How long do email addresses remain live after closing a TalkTalk account?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi andrewgrundy01 

If you have a currently active TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount then you'll not be able to validate, for a MailPlus subscription, any tiscali email addresses showing in that MyAccount. Don't delete any of those email addresses from a MyAccount or they will be permanently lost. 

You say you need to close a TalkTalk account. What is your customer status currently?  When you cease to be a TalkTalk home broadband customer then it should be possible to validate one of those tiscali email addresses, or any orphan tiscali email address that's active but not listed in an active MyAccount, for a MailPlus subscription. 

Managing your email in My Account

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

Cancel your TalkTalk service

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution