email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloudmark antispam - bitcoin etc

mikeyar
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 4

My original message posted this morning (Monday) seems  to have been deleted, I'm not sure why so I'm re-posting a copy as below -

Following the much lauded introduction by TT of the Cloudmark antispam solution I have a couple of questions due to the continuing and daily receipt of spam emails (see Title).
I understand the methodology of Cloudmark's server-side intervention, text analysis, fingerprinting and user contribution and the whistles and bells integrated into the upgraded TT Webmail i.e. many wonderful choices of marking, moving and filtering mails and corresponding buttons to press etc.

However, can someone explain how such user contributions are achieved when using an email client in preference to TT webmail. How is the user contribution (choices and buttons to press) effected in the 'return' message to the server and onward to the Cloudmark real-time spam repository? How does the two-way communication between the desktop and servers integrate with any antispam add-in that may already exist on the user's desktop especially when part of a proprietery internet/AV security package?

It is interesting to note that Cloudmark wound down it's free desktop antispam add-in in 2017 but a Cloudmark total security package for desktops is available for download for a fee. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

There's a full investigation ongoing into why so much spam is escaping the network filters. Yes everyone benefits from network filters and we block/reject hundreds of millions of emails daily. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Thankyou for your brief response which would indicate that those of us using email clients cannot interface with Cloudmark in helping  to update its engine. We will therefore probably remain reliant on add-ons such as SPAMfighter etc  that also feature a return user contribution mechanism that allows us to play our part in the real-time fight.

Of course, I assume we using clients can still benefit from Cloudmark's intervention at server level on incoming mail, although from comments in other current threads by others and yourself it would appear the 'engine' is still suffering from a misfire at the moment. Following your enquiries about effectiveness and deployment  I hope there is some good news on the ability to block the basics i.e. Bitcoin and Russian lovelies - good luck. 

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi mikeyar, if you want to mark as spam you need to using the webmail interface provided by TalkTalk. We have nothing to do with other offerings from Cloudmark, we're purely a customer of theirs. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes