email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Badges

bigcheesephoto
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 6

I've just been congratulated for 50 posts / replies in the Support community.

"Motor Mouth" badge they call it.

I call it "Customer experiencing terrible service, unable to get problems resolved quickly and easily and having to make a giant, time & money consuming fuss about it" award

Why on Earth would TT think that getting a stupid badge should be grounds for Congratulations?

It's pathetic & insulting.

Self employed person spending too much time trying to resolve problems with TalkTalk
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Dear StephenF

@TheHornedOne

I "earned" the Motor Mouth badge, why?

Because since 02/12/18 I've been without my business e-mail service for TWENTY-SIX days so far and have been told there is no fix expected anytime soon.

That means I have been forced to complain on this forum in excess of 50 times - why would anyone in their right mind think that I would be happy to get a pathetic and insulting badge to commemorate this fact?

Also, I think that you owe "The Horned One" an apology for your rude and flippant comment

"unlike pokemon though you don't have to catch them all, however you can, by all means, try."

For the record, I've had both TT Residential AND TT Business accounts for a decade or more.

Self employed person spending too much time trying to resolve problems with TalkTalk

Message 2 of 6

Hey, 

I'm sorry to hear you don't like the community badges, there was and is no intent on upsetting anyone with our badges just a little tongue n cheek in our badge naming convention and images, I can see how you would think its a decaying tooth but it's actually just a shadow.

Badges are issued to members for many things such as creating their topics, responding to others, getting best answers and likes of their posts, unlike pokemon though you don't have to catch them all, however you can, by all means, try. 

We don't offer an opt-out for our badges but I have revoked the offending one from your profile. 

Stephen, Community Manager
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

The one which I dislike the appearance of the most @bigcheesephoto, is the seriously decaying molar!

Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 09.24.58.png

~R.

Message 4 of 6

Dear Horned One

yup, pretty derogatory in my experience!

Who on earth thought that congratulating someone for having to complain about poor service so frequently was a good idea?

HNY2U!

🙂

TheHornedOne
Insightful One
Message 5 of 6

Does Motor Mouth mean something different to motormouth @bigcheesephoto, because in my experience, the latter is unquestionably a derogatory term?

~R.