email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection reset by peer.

cofibach
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 7

The internet connection went off last night for the first time in 4 years and now I cannot get any emails on my Outlook Express Classic. I get the error message  " Connection reset by peer."

Creating websites and Art
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi cofibach, thanks for posting back to thank Gondola for the help. I've marked the post as best answer to make that official for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 7

Nice one. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

cofibach
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 7

It working now. OE Classic updated the setting for all domains. Thanks again.

Message 4 of 7

You're welcome.

The tiscali server side issue was resolved but notwithstanding that the fix to use the talktalk.net servers can remain.

Importantly, did that solve the problem at the time?

Message 5 of 7

Thank you

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @cofibach 

When there's a forced shutdown of the connection it's not easy to know whether that's a client side or server side fault.

So, let's start with a question: What's your email domain? If it's tiscali or one of the legacy email addresses in the tiscali family then there current problem with a server side issue of not getting a response from the imap / pop server for inbound mail.

Other than that the mail system is working normally and for all domains the webmail access is good.

The fix for the tiscali domains problem is to upgrade to use the talktalk.net servers. So, change the incoming server host name to mail.talktalk.net Port 993 (IMAP) Port 995 (POP3) and with Server requires secure connection (TLS). 

Email settings - IMAP & POP3