email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous ''Server error: '453 4.1.1 sREfm0VFYSYQ9 Too Many Recipients (TT502)''

leungfx4TB
First Timer
Message 16 of 16

Hi 

I have started getting a similar issue with the error message

Server error: '453 4.1.1 srRomOkeZqEoa Too Many Recipients (TT502)'

Again I have not been sending a lot of emails nor getting spam.

It has been over 24 hours and it has not reset and I still cannot send any emails.

Is there a way of checking if this is actually down to an exceeding of a level some where or a actual fault somewhere.

My usage hasn't change but I think this is the first time I have had this problem

Are there any checks I can do at my end to check what the level is.

Thanks

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Thanks for posting back to let us know Frank. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

OK so sent a email to the DL last night and that worked ok.

So it looks like everything is working again for the moment.

I may look at Thunderbird but I have a lot of contacts to move over and emails stored in .pst files.

Thanks

Frank

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Thanks for letting us know about your progress Frank. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Hi Frank

Useful information from your troubleshooting. Demonstrates that the spam protection rate limiting (3 mail messages per hours) is still active. Proves that the individually stored email addresses are good.

But you say you haven't yet changed any setting in Outlook 2010 nor upgraded that product to a newer version or alternative email client like Thunderbird, for example, that does support STARTTLS for outgoing mail.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 5 of 16

Hi Gondola

Sorry for the late reply but working through the list took time

So I went through the list of about 30 names over the weekend and it failed after the third name.

So waited and hour and tried again and the name that failed now worked.

Tried a couple more names and again after the fourth, it failed again. 

Left it another hour and this second failed email address now worked. 

Kept going through the list and it failed again after the third go. As it was late on Sunday, left it till today.

Continued going through the list and the third failed email address now work. All the subsequent email addresses worked.

So it looks like it is NOT a dodgy email address but the fact that I was sending something like three or four consecutive emails.

Working through my list meant I sent about 10 consecutive emails with out any failures.

Any explanations for this behaviour?

I haven't changed any Outlook setting and I haven't tried to send a email to the DL yet

Frank

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 16

Hi Frank, Gondola won't do you wrong. Please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Message 7 of 16

Have you waited an hour for the timeout to be relaxed?

What error was last displayed?

Have you checked all of the email addresses and sent an individual email to each to work out which one or ones are triggering the TT603 error?

Message 8 of 16

Hi

I tried changing some of these settings but I sent one single email out ok but when I sent a second email with multiple recipients (<30) the error came back again.

Surely the problem must be at TalkTalk?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hi Frank

Your Outlook 2010 is a deprecated product that's no longer supported with security upgrades by Microsoft. My recommendation is to cease using it because of it's inherent lack of security.

Having said that, the incoming server should be upgraded to mail.talktalk.net and the outgoing server upgraded to smtp.talktalk.net and connection security for the outgoing server set to Auto.

The error message including the TT603 error code indicates that one or more recipients' addresses are wrong or are rejecting the mail as spam. Sometimes the Outlook address book can corrupt an email address causing a failure. So, I'd check by waiting the hour for the timeout to expire and send the mail message to individual recipients to identify which address(es) might be causing the problem. 

Message 10 of 16

I don't think the issue is fixed.

After waiting over 24 hours, a email with multiple recipients is not being sent with the following error:

Task obscured for customer security - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC61) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 453 4.2.0 tW7OmEQhfJsPG Sorry, we can’t send this email at the moment because you’ve sent a lot of emails recently. Please wait an hour or so and then try sending your email again. For more information visit our help article (link: help2.talktalk.co.uk/i-cant-send-or-receive-emails) (TT603)'

Does this make sense

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hi Gondola

My Outlook client is 2010

My settings are different to yous

The outgoing host name for all TalkTalk Mail is: smtp.talktalk.net         mine is smtp.tiscali.co.uk

Outgoing port: 587                                                                                               587

Connection security: STARTTLS                                                                       Set to TLS. Can set to  SSL or Auto. Don't have a option for STARTTLS                                                             

Username: full TalkTalk email address                                                          Yes

Password: TalkTalk email password                                                               Yes

Tick: My outgoing server requires authentication                                     yes

My email is setup as IMAP and the incoming mail server is imap.tiscali.co.uk. Does that need to change?

Thanks

Frank

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 16

Hi leungfx4TB, it's great to see that Gondola's got you sorted. 

If you do find you need more help please pot and let us know. 

Ady

Message 13 of 16

Hi leungfx4TB 

If Outlook is using legacy settings and/or simple forwarding then some recipient mail services may mark the mail as spam if the forwarded content contains links, for example. This isn't a fault on your part. It's just part of email anti-spam checks. 

Mail forwarding: Normally, forwarding inline or as an attachment should be fine. If not then take the incoming mail message, print it to a pdf file, add that pdf file as an attachment to a fully authenticated new mail sent from a TalkTalk email address to the Distribution List of 30 recipients. Spread out sending during the day so that in any hour only one of these multi-recipient mails goes out. 

What version of Outlook is running?

The outgoing host name for all TalkTalk Mail is: smtp.talktalk.net

Outgoing port: 587

Connection security: STARTTLS

Username: full TalkTalk email address

Password: TalkTalk email password

Tick: My outgoing server requires authentication

The above practice will hopefully avoid recipient mail services refusing to accept mail because it doesn't pass their anti-spam checks.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 16

Hi Gondola

Thanks for your quick reply.

I personally don't send more than five emails a day.

My wife is chairperson of a charity and she a member distribution list of less than 30 members. When she gets email from head office, so to speak, she forwards them on using the  distribution list. This may lead to occasionally something like maybe 200 emails a day but not very often. 

We are in the UK and using the UK network.

We are not emailing to unavailable addresses.

I assume if someone else is using my email I would see it on my sent folder on the email server using webmail?

We don't plan to try and send any email until this 24 hour period is over which should be by 8pm this evening.

Is there any way of telling, any reports or logs, that would confirm what actually set off this error?

Frank

I use a Outlook client at home, on my own PC.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 15 of 16

Hi leungfx4TB 

You've read another topic covering this issue. So you're aware that the TT502 error means that your mailbox has triggered a limit on sending by sending to more than the daily number of recipients. Normally this is hundreds of recipients. 

If your mailbox password has been discovered then some other person may be using your allowance. You'd change your password. 

But there are things that can set a lower limit. Rate limiting for spam protection may happen if you send to wrong or unavailable addresses, if you send from an overseas network that's acquired a high risk of sending spam or use a VPN that has a similar high risk. 

So, a bit more detail about how you use email, please. 

Have you received any different error messages?

0 Likes