email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not connect to the specified mail server. Please check your account settings.

Mar222
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

After log in i have this message Could not connect to the specified mail server. Please check your account settings. I raise issue many times by phone call but still not resolve.

Mar
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Thanks, I've raised the fault ticket for you. You'll get a call with your new password shortly. Please let us know how you get on. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

All updated.

Mar
0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Mar222, can you just double check that email address in the private notes of your profile for me please. If it's supposed to read onetel.com then I'll have to raise a fault ticket for you. 

I need you to add ALL of the following to the private note section of your community profile:

Email address affected.

Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Mobile contact number.

Phone number linked to email address

Full postal address email is linked to.

Once you've added that post back to let me know and I'll raise a fault ticket to get this sorted for you.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi @Mar222

If your new TalkTalk webmail isn't working it's either because the mailbox is corrupted and needing a repair or because the password has been changed if it's not strong enough or has been compromised. But old email accounts not used for 180 days will be suspended and not accessible and if unused for more than a year are likely to be permanently unavailable.

Did you know you can change your email password in MyAccount > My Services > Webmail - Manage Webmail if the email is listed as one of the 5 email addresses. If there's an empty space in the list, you may be able to add the email address with the Manage Existing Emails option.  But if an email address is associated with a former TalkTalk service account it's also not immediately available to be added to your current MyAccount.

But wait until after 6am on the 10th May because MyAccount is undergoing maintenance until then.

Double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) the email address in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page and save changes.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community support team and the email expert will respond to you, right here, to help you with recovering access to your email account.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Hi,

I have created web mail with old account Talk talk account now have the new one on the new address. Webmail is allowed to log me in, however, I got this message Could not connect to the specified mail server. Please check your account settings. I try on a different device Windows 10, Android  etc. done troubleshooting by phone with Talk Talk. I raise issue many times all setup are correct. Can not receive and send an email.  Services are @talktalk.net

Mar
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Mar222

Please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your TalkTalk landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The TalkTalk Community support OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account.

Or are you not a TalkTalk broadband customer?

Does Webmail work?

Which email service are you having problems with and on what device(s)?  Is it TalkTalk.net Mail or Tiscali or Lineone or another?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

0 Likes