Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Delayed emails

4 REPLIES 4
Maggie-P
Team Player

Flagging up that emails to my Tiscali and Ukgateway accounts are becoming delayed again. Assume this is the server overloaded as suggested previously but it is happening repeatedly. 

Service has been very prompt the last few weeks which has been great but lulled into a sense of false security - with two exceptions all my emails this morning have been delayed between 2 and 6 hours. This is a mix of both personal and advertising. 

We do need a permanent solution to this!

Margaret Pringle
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Maggie-P 

If some mail is arriving promptly but some not then it could be that peak demand is the issue or simply that some mail is being deferred for scanning to check for viruses or malware.

I'm not seeing any delays currently for incoming mail to the TalkTalk Mail platform.

Timestamps are added to the email at each stage of the journey of the mail message as it gets relayed from sender to recipient. To see where a delay is happening the recipient can view and analyse the email header's timestamps.

To make this easier, use TalkTalk Mail (webmail) and the Analyze Headers feature of MXtoolbox.com

• Select the email
  • Select the toolbar's triple line More Actions menu
  • Select View source from the drop-down menu
  • A pop-up window will display the raw mail message
    Select anywhere within the raw mail message window
    Highlight and copy the message
    (e.g. WindowsOS CRTL-A and CTRL-C shortcuts)
    Select the close button to close the pop-up window
  • Go to https://mxtoolbox.com and select Analyze Headers from the top menu
  • Paste the copied message into the Paste Header: textbox
    (e.g. WindowsOS CTRL-V shortcut)
    Select the MXtoolbox Analyze Header button
  • A chart and table shows how long the mail message spent at each relay location

Copy and paste the delays part of the report and or the chart here (nothing with your personal email address in).

For extra security, scroll down the MXToolbox page and select Permanently forget this email header.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Maggie-P, is your mail working normally again?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Maggie-P
Team Player

Apologies for not responding sooner. Assume temporary logjam as back to normal (in fact with this brief exception better than it has been for some months!). Fingers crossed it stays that way! Thank you for following this up. 

Margaret Pringle
OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

That's great. Thanks for posting back Maggie-P.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.