email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed emails

Maggie-P
Team Player
Message 7 of 7

Email delays creeping back in, it had been better up 'til the last week. I have been checking occasionally as this has happened many times before. It's getting to be more than just the odd one. Taking anything from just 10 minutes or so which is not really an issue but some have been several hours and up to 12 hours. Ukgateway address mostly but also Tiscali. I realize some emails get diverted for scanning but this seems excessive. Often the same sender appears immediately then is delayed straight afterwards. Is this congestion on the server again?

Margaret Pringle
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

There's a tutorial on the MX Toolbox page (scroll down the Analyze Headers page to spot the link) on how to copy and paste an email header. 

In TalkTalk Mail you'd view a mail message using a desktop browser and select the triple line actions menu from the email or toolbar and select the menu item View Source. Select all, copy and then go to the Analyze Headers page and paste into the box. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Thank you for the response. I will look at this if the problem continues.  

Margaret Pringle
0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Maggie-P. please let us know how you get on following Gondola's advice. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

If you wish to see where the delay is then copy and paste the email header here.

You'll see a table and bar chart showing where the delay is happening.

Message 5 of 7

Thank you for the response. Just checked and 5/10 of the most recent emails I received have been delayed in two cases by more than 30 minutes.  

Margaret Pringle
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Maggie-P 

Prior to 2pm today I have noted a few mail messages being slightly delayed at the incoming off-platform MX mail server. So, could be heavy demand or a spam attack giving rise to a denial of service.

Not recently seen any long delays myself although have seen people reporting longer delays on specific domains. I'd expect these to be mail deferrals or delayed delivery due to the mail being held back for inspection because it hasn't passed authentication checks or has suspect content.