email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete old f2s website

whamer99
Chatterbox
Message 15 of 15

Hello

Can you assist with removing an old f2s.com webspace please?

I have received a copyright takedown notice and am keen to get this content removed as possible - as I understood it, it had been deleted aproximately 10 years ago - but it would seem that's not the case!

Thanks.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Great stuff, thanks for posting back to let us know. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Great news indeed.

It's nice to be able to tidy up an online presence particularly when the Internet holds on to stuff for longer than we might like.

Regards, Gondola

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

I finally had a callback - thanks for sending this on.

"During our call today, we explained that legacy free of charge web hosting services [f2s] can be retained when a broadband connection is migrated away to another provider rather than cancelled outright. Occasional reminders regarding services, if found to be disused, are sent by e-mail to the registered contact on the account, or a call from the loyalty department is made to the contact number. As these details were not valid on the account, no action was taken to close the services."

The alternate email address was not valid, although the phone number which was linked to this account was still in operation.

Finally resolved! Thanks @Gondola and @Ady-TalkTalk

Message 4 of 15

Thanks, done.

I'm really struggling to see why this isn't being taken seriously yet.

My f2s account was cancelled long before the takeover, so TalkTalk should have never transferred the content. I stopped paying the fees 10 years ago and yet here it is, still online, and I have no valid credentials to sign in!! Talk about GDPR breaches! 

I want this resolving today.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

I'll send over an email to one of my colleagues and ask them to pick this up for you.  Please add contact details and the website that is affected to your profile.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 6 of 15

Hi whamer99

@whamer99 wrote: I sent a follow up today and was simply advised to login via a link - I have no credentials to log in.

Yes, you'll need to remind TTB Support that you're effectively a legacy customer not a current customer. Hopefully, someone will realise they'll need to verify you and your webspace from their legacy accounts not a current account.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

No reply from my first email.

I sent a follow up today and was simply advised to login via a link - I have no credentials to log in. It was an f2s site that should never have been migrated. 

...More to follow...

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Please do let us know how you get on. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Fair point @Gondola

I've emailed domainadmin and will report back.

Message 10 of 15

...However, it's the right answer for Community as only TalkTalk Business can help you with the f2s webspace hosting.

The domainadmin@talktalkbusiness.co.uk is the email address to use.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Ahh whoops, I didn't mean to mark as solved! It isn't ..yet ! 🙂

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Thanks. Called up, pressed # a few times as I don't have a TalkTalk number, options 4 then 2 on the menu. (2mins)

I was advised this can't be done over the phone and to email:

domainadmin@talktalkbusiness.co.uk

and perhaps cc customerservices@talktalkbusiness.co.uk

Slightly disappointing - I did press to speak to someone rather than via email and was told that wasn't an option.

Will report back when I have more.

Thanks

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 15

Gondola is spot on you need to contact the Business team. 

Gondola
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

Hi @whamer99

f2s Webspace hosting comes under the umbrella of TalkTalk Business. Please get in touch with TalkTalk Business Support. You can LiveChat or call on 0800 083 3003 - Mon-Sun 8am-6pm.

Let us know how you get on.

0 Likes