email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted @talktalk.net email address still shows up on My Account.

an1sa_k
Super Duper Contributor
Message 26 of 26

So, I deleted a @talktalk.net email address, as I no longer need one, however it still shows up in the 'Manage TalkTalk Mail' section of My Account. When I try to click 'delete' to remove the account, it shows this error message: "Sorry, we can not delete this mailbox at the moment. Please retry or come back later". 

This issue has been occurring for a couple of weeks now, and still doesn't work. I've created other TalkTalk Mail accounts and deleted them without any issue. It's just this one email address that doesn't want to be removed. When I try to change the password via reset details, or try to login via talktalk.co.uk/mail, it tells me the account has been deleted, but it still shows up in My Account. I've tried different browsers, devices and have even cleared the cache and deleted browser history, all to no avail.

Would love to have this issue sorted, and any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Anisa Khalifa
0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

an1sa_k
Super Duper Contributor
Message 1 of 26

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk @Chris-TalkTalk It's been a couple of weeks now, and I can't delete the email address. Have there been any updates?

Many thanks, Anisa Khalifa.

Anisa Khalifa
0 Likes

an1sa_k
Super Duper Contributor
Message 2 of 26

Sure 😁

Anisa Khalifa
0 Likes

Message 3 of 26

I'm waiting for an answer. I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

an1sa_k
Super Duper Contributor
Message 4 of 26

@Ady-TalkTalk Yes, it is weird. Would they be able to do it for me?

Anisa Khalifa
0 Likes

Message 5 of 26

There's not, but that's interesting. It means we'll have to have my colleagues do it for you.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

an1sa_k
Super Duper Contributor
Message 6 of 26

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk @Chris-TalkTalk Has there been any updates regarding this issue? I still cannot delete this one @talktalk.net email account, but the rest delete fine. Thanks.

Anisa Khalifa
0 Likes

Message 7 of 26

You're welcome, I just wish it was more precise information regarding a date of the fix.

an1sa_k
Super Duper Contributor
Message 8 of 26

👍 @Ady-TalkTalk 

Anisa Khalifa
0 Likes

Message 9 of 26

I know that the fix has been tested and confirmed but I've not been told when MyAccount will be updated. I'll let you know as soon as I can. 

0 Likes

an1sa_k
Super Duper Contributor
Message 10 of 26

Any new updates on when this is likely to be fixed? @Ady-TalkTalk @Chris-TalkTalk 

Anisa Khalifa
0 Likes

Message 11 of 26

I managed to find out yesterday that we've identified the cause of the problem and the team have a plan to get this fixed very soon. I can't give you a specific day and time yet, but I'm led to believe it's close.

an1sa_k
Super Duper Contributor
Message 12 of 26

Thank you very much 😁

Anisa Khalifa
0 Likes

Message 13 of 26

Ok thanks for confirming that. I'll go back to the team and let them know. 

0 Likes

an1sa_k
Super Duper Contributor
Message 14 of 26

Unfortunately, I'm still not able to delete the email address. The error message that shows is; "Sorry, we can not delete this mailbox at the moment. Please retry or come back later."

Anisa Khalifa
0 Likes

Message 15 of 26

We were told this had been fixed. Are you still unable to delete it? 

0 Likes

an1sa_k
Super Duper Contributor
Message 16 of 26

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk @Ady-TalkTalk 

Just wondering if there has been any updates on this issue and if there's now a timescale of when it's due to be fixed.

Thanks.

Anisa Khalifa
0 Likes

Message 17 of 26

Hi an1sa_k,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

an1sa_k
Super Duper Contributor
Message 18 of 26

@Ady-TalkTalk 

It's good to know that the issue is due to be fixed, albeit there is no date set yet. Hopefully, it'll be soon. 

Anisa Khalifa

Message 19 of 26

I'm told an update is needed and it's been planned, but we've not been given the date that's expected to complete.

0 Likes

an1sa_k
Super Duper Contributor
Message 20 of 26

Okay, that's fine.

Anisa Khalifa
0 Likes