email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting a Tiscali email account

drr1962
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

I have an old Tiscali email account which has been compromised and Id like it deleted. How do I do this please?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi drr1962, Gondola's advice is spot on. Please let us know how you get on with deleting the email. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @drr1962 

If you're a TalkTalk Consumer broadband or Mail Plus customer you can permanently delete the mailbox via the customer MyAccount. See the help page item 'Delete an Email Address' or you can change its password to lock out a hacker.

If you're not a current customer and have no access to MyAccount (stays active for a year after leaving) or the email address wasn't previously added to the customer MyAccount then you can give instructions for mailbox deletion to the TalkTalk Data Protection Office team. 

They'll need 5 items of personal data as verification of who you are and that you are verifiable as the registered user of the email address.  See the GDPR help page item 'Your Right to be Forgotten / Right to Erasure '.

For example, along with the Email address for deletion:

• Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Copy of either current driving licence / or Passport / or Council tax Bill.

When you're verified and the mailbox is deleted you'll receive written confirmation to your current home address. It's usually a couple of weeks to get that confirmation but do let us know how you get on. We appreciate feedback even when sending members off site to get the solution.

The alternative to deletion is to change the mailbox password. 

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail to check the password is working.

Password Reset details should have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive a password reset. Please do try the Forgotten your Password? option. Enter your email address, complete the reCAPTCHA security and select Continue. If there's an alternate email address or mobile number shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please select one to send a password reset. If you can sign in to TalkTalk Mail then for routine password changes select the password reset to be sent to the account itself or, preferably, update Reset details via the TalkTalk Mail main settings menu then use the Forgotten your Password journey.

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer, home broadband, or MailPlus, mail only, customer? Provided the password has not been reset then if you know the current email password you can change the password in MyAccount > My Services > Manage TalkTalk Mail. 

Here's the advice article on managing your email in MyAccount.

Let us know if the password reset options aren't available. A TT Staff member will need to verify you as the registered email user and set up Reset details with your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

To proceed, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current landline and mobile contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address needing recovery and Save changes.

In due course a TalkTalk Community TT Staff member will reply here and then Community Personal Message you to confirm your customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address.

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

If you don't know how the password came to be discovered I'd suggest scanning your email devices for viruses and malware before changing any password.

When you do get access via the TalkTalk Mail sign in check there's no Auto forward or Filter rule diverting your mail messages.

Main Settings menu (triple line icon top right header - mobile browser? use the desktop version) > Settings > Select the arrow by Mail / Email in the side panel > select Auto forward - untick Enable > go back to the side panel and select Filter rules - if there are any select Disable or Delete.

Advice on using TalkTalk Mail

Grateful if you'd let us know which route you'll be taking i.e. deletion or password change.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution