email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting an old tiscali account

Churcham18
First Timer
Message 2 of 2

I’m not a talk talk customer but I need to delete an old tiscali account. What is the best way to do this?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Message 1 of 2

Hi Churcham18 

As you're not a current customer and may have no access to MyAccount (stays active for a year after leaving) or the email address wasn't previously added to the customer MyAccount then you can give instructions for mailbox deletion to the TalkTalk Data Protection Office team. 

See the GDPR help page item  'Your Right to be Forgotten / Right to Erasure '. There's a postal address which in my view is the best way but you can initiate a contact via any of the TalkTalk contact methods.

LiveChat to TalkTalk support is here:  Our LiveChat team.  Wait for the light blue Chat now button to appear; It's grey or clear when busy or offline.

Opening hours are here:  When to contact TalkTalk?

TIP - Pause tracker blocking in the browser, ad-blockers and similar blocking software to avoid conflict with LiveChat's operation.

Calls to Customer Services on 0345 172 0088 are free from a TalkTalk home 'phone but otherwise are at a standard landline call rate.

For calls to Customer Service agents from a mobile, use 0203 441 5550.

TalkTalk supports the Text Relay Service: It's 18001 then 0345 172 0088.

The Data Protection team will need 5 items of personal data as verification of who you are and that you are verifiable as the registered user of the email address. 

For example, along with the Email address for deletion:

• Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Copy of either current driving licence / or Passport / or Council tax Bill.

When you're verified and the mailbox is deleted you'll receive written confirmation to your current home address. It's usually a couple of weeks but no longer than a month to get that confirmation sent but do let us know how you get on. We appreciate feedback even when sending members off site to get the solution.

Understanding your data rights

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes