email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of old (hacked) Pipex email accounts

grammama
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 10

I have several email accounts from when I was a Pipex customer and these have been susceptible to a lot of spam and scams, some quite sickening.

Over a long period, I have asked several times for all of these accounts to be nuked but nothing ever occurs.  Each time I raise it with support, I get a new case number and a request to be patient for another 48 hours; my latest effort to obliterate these accounts has been going on for several weeks now.  As I don't have a Talk Talk account number no-one will speak to me or resolve it over chat.

I have put the relevant addresses and personal details in the private notes section and pray that someone on here can get something done once and for all please.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

You're very welcome. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hmm - the flurry of emails yesterday suggests otherwise, Ady, but thanks for your earlier help. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

That's great. It would suggest my fault ticket got the job done. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Ady, I mailed you and customer support at pretty much the same time, after logging into the 'ms' account successfully.

Someone from Customer Support has now dealt with this issue; I tried just now and the login was blocked.

Thanks for looking at this.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

None of your email addresses show in the database any longer. When you say you can login do you mean you that your current password is accepted by webmail?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hello Ady,

After several attempts through Customer Services, emails sent to these accounts are now returned undeliverable.

However, I can still log into webmail and send from at least the account starting 'ms', which means that probably someone else can too as has happened in the past.  I have forgotten passwords for the other accounts but it would seem they are potentially equally vulnerable.

Please could you see to it that they are all properly obliterated once and for all?

thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

You're very welcome.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Many thanks, Ady.

It will be a welcome relief to close down these accounts - probably for Talk Talk too.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi grammama, I've raised the fault ticket for you. These tickets are taking a minimum of 7 working days to be resolved. Please chase us on Friday to keep the process on track.

0 Likes