email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draft emails not saving into folder

jannmadz8
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

For a couple of months now - when I try to save drafts into the drafts folder they do not save. In some cases where I have done a reply to an email - when I go back into the original email and click reply again the draft comes up. So drafts are obviously somewhere in the system - just not in the folder where they should be. 

I have hardly any drafts in the folder and I have cleared out hundreds of emails from the inbox. So it would not appear to be a storage problem. 

Has anyone else had this problem? Can you advise please?

All best wishes Madeleine 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi jannmadz8, it looks like Gondola has got this sorted for you. 

Please let us know how you get on.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi Madeleine

I assume we're talking about a TalkTalk managed email address?  What's the part of the address after the @ symbol?

Enter your email address, select Continue if prompted.

Enter your email password, select Sign in.

Compose a mail message to yourself, one that you can easily identify by using a unique phrase or word in the Subject line - like 'Gondola', but just select the Save button to save into the Drafts folder that you'll see in the set of standard folders in the left side Folder view. You'll get an indication that the message has been saved.

Folder Tree Folder View Aug2020.png

Check the Drafts folder to see if the mail message is there.  If not then use the Search box above the folder view to search for the unique phrase e.g. Gondola in subject. The search may take a few moments but when the search results appear there will be a box to indicate the folder where the message has been saved. 

If this is not Drafts then the Standard folders for the Account can be reset to the default standard folders.  Let me know if you need guidance on where to find the standard folders setup and how to Edit the Account settings.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution