email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail Links

Dogwalker
Conversation Starter
Message 18 of 18

Hi Has any one got any idea when e-mail will be fixed ?????

Have used the "Chat" to try and get an answer and all I get told is the the enginerrs are working on it. 

Unable to use any links in my e-mails and e-mails are building up fast over 200 +

Already been unusable for two weeks now HOW MUCH LONGER before its fixed.

Patricia
17 REPLIES 17

Patrizia1
First Timer
Message 1 of 18

Yes I am having the same problems as this, cannot send e mails or open any links, has happened since the new system arrived.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Hi all, thanks for posting back to let everyone know about the fix for this problem. Hopefully, it will help anyone else suffering this problem. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Hi Patricia

A perfect resolution to the Chrome issue. The tip for syncing personal data is excellent. Thanks for taking time out to let us know your results. 

I'm confident that will help Terry.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Dogwalker
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 18

Hi Terry MC

Had same problem but found that if I compleatly uninstalled Chrome and then reinstalled everything worked again.

Used Revo Uninstaller to comleatly remove Chrome. Use the advanced uninstall and follow directions. Then reinstall. 

All working well now and have had no more problems at all.

As Chrome is Google it saves all your information and reinstalls it once Chrome is up and running again as long as you have set Google up to sync all your information.

Hope this helps

Patricia

Message 5 of 18
that helped thanks
0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

i have exactly the same.. some links do work, but Sky doesnt nor my garden centre today, really annoying

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

I will give that a try later thanks.

After logging in with internet Explorer, the first link I tried worked so it must be something TalkTalk need to work on with Google Chrome so users of the email service can use it properly. I would have thought everything would have been checked out fully before rolling it out live though.

Terry McElligott

iamisaid
Super Duper Contributor
Message 8 of 18

I found right clicking the link worked for me and open in new window.

Message 9 of 18

I am now getting the same problem as above user. My email links are no longer working since yesterday when the new Talk Talk email service began with it's new layout. I am using Chrome on windows 10 laptop which is completely up-to-date. 

This is something that only started with the new system. Logging in and out, emails arriving and sending is all working, just the links in the emails not working which is a huge problem Talk Talk needs to work on as I imagine it is happening to others who have not got to this thread yet.

Terry McElligott

Message 10 of 18

Hi Dogwalker, it looks like Gondola got you sorted. If one post gives you the answer you needed then it's good to mark it as the best answer. 

@Gondola great support as always thanks for your help. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 11 of 18

Hi @Dogwalker 

That looks like a good plan.

Both Firefox and Chrome are compatible with TalkTalk Mail so there's going to be some incompatibility in your Chrome installation.

But keeping Firefox handy for your emails is a great workaround.

0 Likes

Dogwalker
Conversation Starter
Message 12 of 18

Hi Gondola

Thank you, yes TalkTalk Webmail works fine on Firefox.

Had already tried all the plugins on Chrome, first thing I thought of but all where OK.

Thank you for all your help will keep my mail on Firefox from now on.

Patricia

Message 13 of 18

Hi @Dogwalker 

I'd download and try the Firefox browser. If that's ok then it's a case of switching off the Chrome Extensions one by one to check. 

0 Likes

Dogwalker
Conversation Starter
Message 14 of 18

Hi Gondola

I am using Google Chrome browser. 

Extensions: 

Amazon Assistant for Chrome

Farmville Flash Helper

Loop 11 user testing,

Nicestats,

CB My databank ,

User Zoom Surveys.

Google; Docs, Sheets and slides.

I am not having any problems with other e-mail accounts Outlook or Gmail, they work fine.

Not having any problems with any of the sites I use

I am using the Windows Security for virus protection. 

My Windows 10 is version 1809.

No Ad blockers used

Patricia
0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

Hi Dogwalker 

If the links are not working or being blocked then that's usually an issue with the Internet browser or it's add-ons or software like anti-virus / security software that's running and holding up the use of the webmail.

Please advise what browser you're using (e.g. Internet Explorer / Safari / Chrome), any add-ons or extensions (e.g. Ad-Blocker) the device and operating system (e.g. Laptop with Windows 10 / Mac OS) and any security software (e.g. SuperSafe Boost, Kaspersky Internet Security, Avast Anti-Virus).

To troubleshoot the Webmail issue:

• Here's some initial guidance: Troubleshooting TalkTalk Mail 
  • Try a different browser especially if using Internet Explorer or Safari
  • Switch off / disable temporarily any security software (for testing)
  • Run the browser with add-ons disabled (for testing)

When we know what device and software you're using it'll help us to help you troubleshoot the issue.

0 Likes

Dogwalker
Conversation Starter
Message 16 of 18

Hi Gondola

Thank you for your reply.

Can access my e-mails in the webmail with no problem at all but that's it. Cant use any links in my mail at all, can file e-mails also.

At the moment I am having to forward any urgent mail to my MSN mail account so I can answer / reply to my mail.

This started about two weeks ago now and have talked with the "Live chat" people but all they tell me every time is that the engineers are still working on the problem and they hope to have it fixed soon. Last chat was on Wednesday evening

Thank you for your time

Patricia
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 17 of 18

Hi @Dogwalker 

I'm not aware of the issue you're describing.  Are you able to sign in to TalkTalk Webmail and both send and receive emails ok.  I just would like to be reassured that your email password is working and the Mailbox is working.  If not then we can get your access back.

If it's an email client issue we'll try and work out what the problem is.

Please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, current landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes and save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk email account.

0 Likes