email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail delivery failure

Mantas24
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

For the last 2 weeks or so I have not been able to send e-mails to my sister (yahoo) aunty (mac) and

my own gmail address, plus another friend with a tiscali address - I get a similar message for all - failed the tiscali DMARC policy - I can however send to my brother (BT) and my work e-mail address with the council.

I have paid this years £50 fee to talktalk to keep my old tiscali address but my actual internet provider is Fleur Telecom via the Daisy Group, and nothing has changed otherwise - i.e. I had no problem sending e-mails before to these addresses - so where is the problem likely to be with ?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Mantas24, Gondola's advice will help you get sorted. Please let us know how you're getting on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 6

Windows Live Mail (WLM) is a deprecated product and is not supported by Microsoft with security updates.

WLM is likely not to be using TLS1.2 encryption security and doesn't have the STARTTLS option for outgoing mail so because you're not getting network authentication then the mail messages will not be fully authenticated.

My recommendation is to retire WLM. There are other mail products you can use with Windows 10 that are up to date, supported and that will offer a fully authenticated mail sending solution. Thunderbird from Mozilla, for example.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 6

Hi 

I am still experimenting with this issue - I don't get the delivery failure message anymore, and e-mails to the yahoo address go straight to inbox but the ones to the mac address go to their spam folder,also the ones sent to my gmail go to spam folder - this is if I use my e-mail program - Windows Livemail 2012 - (Operating system is Windows 10) - if I use the TalkTalk webmail they go straight to inbox in every case,so it looks like the issue is because they are not being authenticated by TalkTalk when I use Windows Livemail 

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hi Mantas24, Gondola will help you get this sorted. Please keep us posted and let us know how you get on.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Mantas24 

If you're receiving the error message 552 5.2.0 DMARC Verification Failed (TT602) - this will usually be because the mail sending is not fully authenticated.  You'll not necessarily be sending from the TalkTalk network because your ISP is Fleur Telecom and therefore your email send will not get TalkTalk network authentication.

The solution is to use secure email sending using SSL/TLS encryption.

The recommended email settings are Email settings - IMAP & POP3 and these are good for all TalkTalk managed domains.

What's the device you're using and its Operating system version and what's the email software and version? 

If you need help with the incoming and outgoing server settings then take screenshots, image edit to obscure the first part of the email address and upload here using the Camera icon or picture icon with a mobile browser.

I'll take a look and give you the required changes to get you back on track.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution