Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

E-mail: "the requested URL was rejected"

8 REPLIES 8
Adamnedest
First Timer

Try to cut a long story short... @talktalkbusiness.net webmail account, by virtue of once being signed up with TTbiz but relocated to everyday TT some time ago (without asking).  Receive e-mails to which I want to respond, so click 'Reply'.  Compose response. Click 'Send'. Screen blanked but for message "The requested URL was rejected - please consult with your administrator."  Same happens if I click 'Forward'. However, if I click 'Compose' and do a fresh e-mail (addressed to same URL), it departs with the caption "Message successfully sent". Frustrating or what? 

Call helpline.  Politely told that because @talktalkbusiness.net webmail is not administered by everyday TT, asked to call TTbiz.  Call TTbiz to be informed that my webmail service is no longer administered and, therefore, a remedy for my plight cannot be suggested.

While bearing in mind my dinosaur status regarding all things technical, does anyone have any meaningful suggestions instead?

Adam Sykes, professional at teaching driving, non-starter with computer.
OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Adamnedest, I'm afraid the Residential team have advised you correctly we can't see the business domains on our tools. The business team would have to help you with that mailbox. I've dropped a mail over to the business team to get you some help. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

OCE_Ady

The business team need your current landline and mobile in order to get in touch with you. Please add them to your community profile. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Adamnedest
First Timer

Hello OCE_Ady

Have added those requested details to my community profile. The 'issue' is still very much an issue.

OCE_Ady

Thanks, I've passed your details onto the Business team who'll pick this up and be in touch with you. 

Adamnedest
First Timer

Hello again. Received a voicemail on my mobile number yesterday (24/04/18, 13:06) from 'Don' at TalkTalk Business, saying only that he would try and call back later. No such call received to date. Retrieved the number from which he called but it is only replied to by a robotic message, saying exactly what 'Don' had told me - it's not a contact number, as such.

Please ask Business team to try again and, if I'm unable to answer the call, to leave a number  which I can reply and get through to the them direcly. Perhaps we might even have a go at resolving this issue.

OCE_Ady

I've sent an email over to Dom asking him to give you another try today. Let us know how you get on. 

Adamnedest
First Timer

While I continue to wait for Dom at TalkTalkBusiness to get in touch regarding the subject matter, a question about my non-business webmail account: why am I only allowed to display 'myname@talktalk.net' <myname@talktalk.net> on my outgoing emails, when it would be much more practical for the recipients to read My Name <myname@talktalk.net>, as is the case with Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo etc?  Even the defunct TalkTalkBusiness email accounts allowed such!

OCE_Ady

I don't know why you can't, but you should be able to when the new platform is in place. There's no exact date as the trial is due to start very shortly. You'll get mail telling you when you mail will be moved and what that means to you. I've sent another mail to chase Dom for you. If you haven't had a call by lunchtime let me know and I'll raise this as a complaint to the CEO team for you.