email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mails to my Pipex accounts being returned as undeliverable - "Address rejected"

bigcheesephoto
Conversation Starter
Message 65 of 65

Hi

all afternoon and evening today, 1st December I've not received any e-mails, even junk(!) to any of my three pipex accounts, very unusual.

I've tried sending e-mails to myself from my iCloud and other accounts and I'm receving the following:

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not

be delivered to one or more recipients.

<***mypipexemailaddress***>: host depot.dial.pipex.com[212.139.137.137] said:

550 #5.1.0 Address rejected. (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; ***mypipexemailaddress***

Original-Recipient: rfc822;***mypipexemailaddress***

Action: failed

Remote-MTA: dns; depot.dial.pipex.com

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.

I'm hping to recive an "official" explanation and more importantly, have teh problem fixed please!

ATB

Steve

Self employed person spending too much time trying to resolve problems with TalkTalk
0 Likes
64 REPLIES 64

Message 21 of 65

Thanks Martin, I've sent it over with the other details. Hopefully, I'll hear from my colleague in the morning with the results of his investigation.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 65

Hi Ady

It's exactly the same problem as before.  Emails using domain names are rejected, emails using the "raw" pipex address are delivered. The error message is:

"The original message was received at Wed, 2 Jan 2019 13:32:59 GMT from [80.79.209.59]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <name@domainname>

(reason: 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.) <name@domainname2>

(reason: 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.)

----- Transcript of session follows ----- ... while talking to depot.dial.pipex.com.:

>>> RCPT To:<name@domainname2>

<<< 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.

550 5.1.1 <name@domainname2>... User unknown

>>> RCPT To:<name@domainname>

<<< 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.

550 5.1.1 <name@domainname>... User unknown

>>> DATA

<<< 421 Exceeded allowable connection time, disconnecting."

Hope that this helps.

Regards

Martin

0 Likes

Message 23 of 65

Hi Martin, could you post the error message you're getting for me please? I've  managed to get one of the Email Admins to pick this up, well at least to have quick look at it for you all. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 65

Hi Ady

HNY to you!

Thanks for your continued help although as far as I can see the Business Support team seem unable or unwilling to resolve the problem.

The fault (identical to the one which first occurred on the 2nd December 2018) was reported on 22nd December.

As previously mentioned, this is the THIRD complete loss of e-mail I've experienced in 12 months.

Thank you for your help in this matter although it's regretful that Talk Talk Business Support seem ill equipped to resolve these issues.

Self employed person spending too much time trying to resolve problems with TalkTalk
0 Likes

Message 25 of 65

Happy New Year Ady

Like Steve I am once again suffering a loss of service. It appears to have recurred on or about 22 Dec with the same symptoms as before. Please could you chase?

Regards

Martin

0 Likes

Message 26 of 65

On this one you'll have to stick with the Business support team. I can only raise and chase tickets for residential customers. The exception as last time would be if it was an incident affecting all or many Pipex users. I'll let the guys on Business support know that you've posted. 

0 Likes

Message 27 of 65

Hello again

A reminder that the fault has NOT ben rectified:

No email being received. Again.

Since Sat 22 / 12 / 2018 1200hrs (approx) to today, 31 / 12 / 2018

Same message:

<photography@bigcheese.co.uk>: host depot.dial.pipex.com[212.139.137.137] said:

So far I've received ELEVEN e-mails stating:

Good news - we are progressing your case.

Case Reference : 044***** 
Case Subject : Pipex + Vanity Domain issue
We are progressing your case raised on the 03/12/2018 and no action is currently required from you. If you do want to see the current status of your case please click herenow to visit the Support Centre. See below for the last update made on your case.
Our Comments
Good Morning, I have sent a chase email to the team dealing with this query. As soon as we receive further updates I will be able to update you further. I apologise for the delays and thank you for your patience. Kind Regards James.

0 Likes

Message 28 of 65

It's broken again.

Sat 22 / 12 / 2018 1200hrs.

No email being received. Again.

Same message:

<photography@bigcheese.co.uk>: host depot.dial.pipex.com[212.139.137.137] said:

0 Likes

Message 29 of 65

Thanks for letting us know it's sorted Steve. You'd need to speak with the Business support team about compensation. I work in support of the Residential customers, but there's the bleed over of the email domain. 

0 Likes

Message 30 of 65

Dear OCE_Ady

Thank you for your help, it appears my business e-mail was restored late on Friday afternoon (7th Dec) after 6 days of no service.

I've delayed responding until today (10th Dec) to be sure that the current solution is robust.

Sincere thanks to you OCE_Ady for your help and personal involvement in the resolution of this problem, it’s very much appreciated.

However, on a corporate level, the overall quality of Talk Talk service is unacceptable.

So far this year I've been completely without business e-mails for more than 10 working days despite the fact that I pay in the region of £250.00 p.a. for the maintenance of domain services.

I've never received any acknowledgement, apology or compensation from TT.

Let's hope this latest issue will be the last for a good long while.

Thanks OCE_Ady, I recognise the great personal contribution that you are making.

Regards

Steve

0 Likes

Message 31 of 65

That's great. I'm pleased my efforts paid dividends and that's thanks to your persistence and feedback.

0 Likes

Message 32 of 65

Hi Ady

Thins are working again.

Thanks

Martin

Message 33 of 65

I've just been asked to get you to retest your mail.

0 Likes

Message 34 of 65

Martin, I've not raised the ticket yet. This is because this morning the head of the team in charge or supporting mail has asked for examples of the issue you're having.

0 Likes

Message 35 of 65

Hi Ady

Please raise a ticket for me too.

My landline is a BT number but I'll include it on my profile. Please note that I'm working at client sites most of the time so won't be there to answer calls.

Regards

Martin

0 Likes

Message 36 of 65

Hi Martin, if you're still having problems I'll have to raise a ticket for you too. I need you to add the your landline number to your profile so that I can raise the ticket for you. I'm being told now that as there are only a few reporting issues that these will be treated as individual faults. 

0 Likes

Message 37 of 65

Hi Ady

Does the ticket include my accounts too?

As I said earlier, it's clear that the problem lies with domain name management so I don't understand how resolution can take so long.

Regards

Martin 

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 38 of 65

I've had to log the ticket for you as I've heard nothing back. 

0 Likes

Message 39 of 65
Thanks Ady, this is our fifth day without any business e-mail so I'm a bit "brassed off 😞
0 Likes

Message 40 of 65

Hi Steve, I've not raised the ticket yet as I'm hoping we won't need to. I'm waiting on the admins to sort it directly. If I don't hear this morning I'll raise the ticket.

0 Likes