email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mails to my Pipex accounts being returned as undeliverable - "Address rejected"

bigcheesephoto
Conversation Starter
Message 65 of 65

Hi

all afternoon and evening today, 1st December I've not received any e-mails, even junk(!) to any of my three pipex accounts, very unusual.

I've tried sending e-mails to myself from my iCloud and other accounts and I'm receving the following:

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not

be delivered to one or more recipients.

<***mypipexemailaddress***>: host depot.dial.pipex.com[212.139.137.137] said:

550 #5.1.0 Address rejected. (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; ***mypipexemailaddress***

Original-Recipient: rfc822;***mypipexemailaddress***

Action: failed

Remote-MTA: dns; depot.dial.pipex.com

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.

I'm hping to recive an "official" explanation and more importantly, have teh problem fixed please!

ATB

Steve

Self employed person spending too much time trying to resolve problems with TalkTalk
0 Likes
64 REPLIES 64

Message 41 of 65

Hi OCE_Ady

Thanks for the update, I can confirm that e-mails to my personal domain are still not being delivered, I've entered the details requested on my profile.

So far I've had four days of not receiving any busines e-mail which is quita a big problem for me so I'm hoping that we can get a resloution very soon.

The domain admin team haven't been able to offer any useful words of advice or assistance just yet so I'm relying on you!

ATB

Steve

Self employed person spending too much time trying to resolve problems with TalkTalk
0 Likes

Message 42 of 65

Thanks Martin. I'll keep passing the details over for you.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 43 of 65

Hi OCE_Ady

I don't know what emails I'm not receiving. All I know is thet emails sent to a "raw" pipex address (eg aaa99@dial.pipex.com) are recieved and visible in webmail. Emails sent using a domain name are not and are rejected with the following:

The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <address@domain>

(reason: 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.)

----- Transcript of session follows ----- ... while talking to depot.dial.pipex.com.:

>>> RCPT To:<address>

<<< 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.

550 5.1.1 <address@domain>... User unknown

>>> DATA

<<< 503 #5.5.1 RCPT first

The problem is clearly with domain name management at the Talk Talk end.

My email client is Outlook.

Affected emails will be added to the private area on my profile.

Regards

Martin 

0 Likes

Message 44 of 65

Hi Steve, if you've added the details to private notes they're safe and visible only to you and staff. I will only need those details if I need to raise a fault ticket after the incident is closed. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 45 of 65

Hi all, the team have asked for the following information:

Date/time sent, sender, recipient, subject, did the sender receive a non-delivery report?

How are you customers accessing their emails?

Are these emails visible when using webmail as opposed to an email client?

Which email client are you using?

What email client settings do you have configured?

For the sender and recipient email addresses please don't post those in the thread. You can send those to me in a Personal Message.

0 Likes

Message 46 of 65
PS: this is the e-mail for domain admin:

domainadmin@talktalkbusiness.co.uk

Good Luck!!!

ATB

Steve
0 Likes

Message 47 of 65

well, we live in hope...

The second major TT e-mail outage this year.

Good luck, I'll keep you posted!

0 Likes

Message 48 of 65

Hi Steve

As you know, the pain is not knowing what important business emails you are not receiving.

Let me know if you get any sort of resoultion.

Regards

Martin

0 Likes

Message 49 of 65

Dear OCE_Ady

Yes I saw this page and added the information asked for in each box, however there is no provision to add:

Date of Birth (why do you need this anyway as it doesn't, to my knowledge, form part of our existing contract and you would not have this on your system)

full postal address

Also, is this information protected and not viewable as part of the community profile?

Regards

Steve Dodd

0 Likes

Message 50 of 65

dear xdf42

I share your pain and I knew this problem wouldn't be isolated.

I've been referred to the domain admin team, you're not allowed to speak with them and can only send e-mails.

Their response was to send me a copy of "the current zonefile" (whatever the F that is!) and said

"Our partner has responded with the following records. If you need any of them changing please let us know."

What a ridiculous and pointless excercise - the "support" team asking the person they are supposed to be "supporting" what to do.

I responded that clearly, I do not know why my e-mail is broken and haven't heard back from them in over 24hours.

Once again, Talk Talk have dropped the ball and their customers, in the s....

0 Likes

Message 51 of 65

@xdf42 wrote

That should br "emails" and "aliases".

For future reference @xdf42, within a limited time frame, your posts do remain editable .....

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 14.10.01.png

~R.

0 Likes

Message 52 of 65

That should br "emails" and "aliases".

0 Likes

Message 53 of 65

Ady

I am having the same problem. emails addresses using my "raw" pipex addresses are received but enails using the alisase incorporating domain names are returned 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected and User unknown. 

0 Likes

Message 54 of 65

Of course Steve sorry I should have given you the link in the first place.  https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info

0 Likes

Message 55 of 65

Dear OCE_Ady

I don't see anywhere to enter this information on the edit profile screen, perhaps you could advise?

Regards

Steve Dodd

"The file screen shot 2018-12-04 at 08.12.27.png does not have a valid extension for an attachment and has been removed. pdf,doc,ppt,docx,pptx,xlsx,psd,gz,zip,svg are the valid extensions."

0 Likes

Message 56 of 65

In case it's necessary to raise a fault ticket for you. Please add the following to your community profile:

Email address affected.

Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Mobile contact number.

Phone number linked to email address

Full postal address email is linked to.

0 Likes

Message 57 of 65

Dear OCE_Ady - thanks so much for your help.

The situation is unchanged at present with the **anyname**@bigcheese.co.uk still being rejected, I've ttached the message again for reference.

Manythanks

Steve

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not

be delivered to one or more recipients.

<**anyname**@bigcheese.co.uk>: host depot.dial.pipex.com[212.139.137.137] said:

550 #5.1.0 Address rejected. (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; **anyname**@bigcheese.co.uk

Original-Recipient: rfc822;**anyname**@bigcheese.co.uk

Action: failed

Remote-MTA: dns; depot.dial.pipex.com

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.

0 Likes

Message 58 of 65

Hi bigcheesephoto, I'm just waiting for a response from the Email Admins as to what issue may have caused this. I can see that your personal domain is still attached to your Pipex account only the admins have the additional tools to manage this aspect of your account. 

0 Likes

Message 59 of 65

...I'll flag up the issue to @Ady-TalkTalk

I'm not sure that the current TalkTalk Team are completely up to speed with all of these legacy arrangements made during the Pipex days.

Charges for the personal domain name registration, email account names and email forwarding services are things that I'm only just becoming aware of.  Another user thought there was a link between a personal domain name company and another user is also paying for email account names as a legacy arrangement. 

All of this comes under the umbrella of TalkTalk Business so don't be surprised if the usual (home) Customer Services agents have no knowledge.  I'm sure more of these legacy issues will come to light as the email accounts are migrated to the new mail platform in the coming weeks.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 60 of 65

Hello again!

Not sure what you mean about personal domain forwarding - sorry!

Talk Talk is the only service I use for e-mail and I pay them for the service and also annually for the domain name regsitration so have assumed they are responsible for the forwarding?

Looking at nominet the registrar is verizon.de but I only make payments to Talk Talk

Clearly something requiring a proper chat with Talk Talk on Monday 😞

Thanks once again for you help Gondola

0 Likes