email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mails to my Pipex accounts being returned as undeliverable - "Address rejected"

bigcheesephoto
Conversation Starter
Message 65 of 65

Hi

all afternoon and evening today, 1st December I've not received any e-mails, even junk(!) to any of my three pipex accounts, very unusual.

I've tried sending e-mails to myself from my iCloud and other accounts and I'm receving the following:

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not

be delivered to one or more recipients.

<***mypipexemailaddress***>: host depot.dial.pipex.com[212.139.137.137] said:

550 #5.1.0 Address rejected. (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; ***mypipexemailaddress***

Original-Recipient: rfc822;***mypipexemailaddress***

Action: failed

Remote-MTA: dns; depot.dial.pipex.com

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.

I'm hping to recive an "official" explanation and more importantly, have teh problem fixed please!

ATB

Steve

Self employed person spending too much time trying to resolve problems with TalkTalk
0 Likes
64 REPLIES 64

Message 61 of 65

...It's good to see that the pipex emails (all 3) are working as expected. So just a transient issue with the server mailbox lookup.

In relation to the personal domain name. I assume the personal domain name server is set up to forward emails to the pipex email address and it's the receipt of these emails that's not happening now?

There was an issue a while ago due to temporary server overload that caused the rejection of personal domain name server forwarded emails with a TT108 error message. Which personal domain mail forwarding service are you using?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 62 of 65

Hi again

quick update:

from this moning: x2 dial.pipex addresses working as expected

the third and most important is receiveing mail if addressed to *****@dial.pipex.com however...

this address should point to my .co.uk domain (Setup many years ago with pipex) 

It appears the problem is somehow the server not recognising the alias?

Any ideas for a resolution please?

TIA

Steve

Self employed person spending too much time trying to resolve problems with TalkTalk
0 Likes

Message 63 of 65

Hi Gondola

Thanks for your reply, I'll wait patiently for a fix (well atleast until Monday morning and then start calling!)

ATB

Steve

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 64 of 65

Hi Steve

You'll not get a TalkTalk response on Community until the TalkTalk Community Team resume support here on Monday 8am to 4pm weekdays.

Technical Support are available 24/7 on 0345 172 0088.  I'm not sure if there's support at evenings and weekends for the pipex platform but maybe technical support have knowledge of what's happening.

The response to the RCPT TO command is a permanent fail indicating that the email address does not exist. 

On the basis that you're indicating it's an issue impacting 3 pipex email addresses I'd conclude that it's not an individual issue but one impacting the mailbox lookup on the pipex server.  The pipex servers are online and accessible. 

OCE_Ady mentioned that there was a scheme in hand to get pipex password changes organised faster but didn't say what that involved. Maybe it's a transient issue to do with that scheme?  Just a personal theory with no info on what's actually happening right now.

The well tried "try again later" is probably the best answer for now but if you wish, try Technical Support.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes