email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mails will not send on my tiscali e mail account

phil mcgonnell
First Timer
Message 1 of 3

Hi, I am having trouble in sending email from my legacy Tiscali account. I have checked the following:

1 I confirm my Tiscali email is receiving emails correctly

2 My account correctly shows my Tiscali email address

3 IMAP and POP settings are as listed for a Tiscali email account

4 I am paying TALK TALK for this email address every month

I have the following error report when I try to send a message to my email address

Message could not be sent to the following recipients: obscured for customer security (554 - 554 5.2.0 88IUkKRPR9Ivq Sender Denied (TT608)
)

What do I do now? Who can I contact to get this resolved

I rely on my email, and would like this resolved asap. What do I do now

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi Phil

I assume your test was sending mail back to yourself?  You say you're paying for email - are you a TalkTalk Consumer broadband or MailPlus customer? If so, is the tiscali mailbox in your MyAccount when you view your email addresses

To link this topic to your TalkTalk service please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add your tiscali email address, notes and references etc and then save changes.

Compose and send the same mailbox a message to see if that sends without error, is copied to the Sent objects folder and then arrives and stays in the Inbox.

If the send fails then let us know what the full error message is.

Do you normally use the tiscali mail with email software like Outlook / Apple Mail? / Thunderbird or an email app on a mobile device? 

I can see that the tiscali authentication is timing out so if you're prepared to make a change to the email settings to try using the talktalk.net SMTP outgoing server I'll suggest some settings changes.

The Email settings pro tem:

Account Type  IMAP (recommended)
Username username@tiscali.co.uk
Password Yes
Incoming mail server imap.tiscali.co.uk
Incoming Port 993
Incoming Security SSL
Outgoing SMTP server smtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Security STARTTLS
Outgoing Authentication Yes

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 3

HI phil mcgonnell, has Gondola got you sorted?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.