email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earthlink emails not getting through

GillCF
Team Player
Message 19 of 19

I have written about this so many times I am getting sick of it. Friend lives in LA, USA. Emails me almost everyday from her earthlink account. I have two talktalk accounts. All was fine until talktalk email update happened. Since then she replies to my emails to her (which get through) or sends me an email. All seems fine. They go out of her outbox, no error messages, no undelivered messages. problem is they never make it into my inbox or the junk file or the deleted messages file. They simply disappear into the ether. I have disabled rules and all those technical things I have been told to do. This has been happening since May 2019. All was fine until 7 May 2019 then none of her emails arrived in my inbox but appear in her sent box. Makes no sense to me. Help, please.

Gill F
0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

I've just had an update to say that this fault is cleared now. Please retest when you can and let me know if it's working ok.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

I'm sorry this is taking so long to sort. I've asked for updates and chased this. I'll post back later. If this doesn't get anywhere this time I think it'll have to go to the CEO team. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

And still I wait - since May to September …. how much longer?

Gill F
0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Hi GillCF,

I'm sorry this is taking so long, the fault ticket is still showing "in progress" at the moment. If you don't hear anything beforehand, could you bump the thread at the end of the week and I'll check again 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Five months on from the start of this problem. Any sign of a solution? 

Gill F

Message 6 of 19

well thank you. The address I am having problems with is an @earthlink.net address. They always came through with no issue before the update in May 2019

Gill F
0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

I'm not sure crossing your fingers will help so I'd say not. I'll do my best to get this sorted for you though.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

thank you - not sure whether to cross my fingers, as I have done that so many times with this problem my fingers hurt.

Gill F
0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

I've asked the team to confirm that this has been sent to the email team for further investigation. I'll let you know when I hear back. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19
Other providers out there. Had a chat with Plusnet today, but with this going on I thought I would give you a chance to sort out these problems. Email, as you have set it up, causes problems for some of you customers. We have never been with any other supplier, so this is not because we didn't have talktalk emails, because we always have. not only did you not tell your customers you were 'updating' back in May, some of us could not get any emails until we looked at the web email pages. Talktalk's customer service record is terrible. Now I understand why.
Gill F

Message 11 of 19
what do you need to verify? Had a call today (Monday), but it was to the account holder, not me. I can ensure you get the detail you need, but not sure talking will resolve this. It is a programming, licence or shield issue at your end. I have disabled my rules; I access through the website, not a device. Emails are sent by never arrive. Seems talking about it is not going to count for too much ... unless you know differently
Gill F

Message 12 of 19

Yes I have, again and again (and again) Two emails from different addresses that have been sent to each of my email addresses. I have accessed my emails through the talktalk email site. Neither of my email inboxes show these emails have made it through to me. They have been sent, are in the sent boxes of the people who sent them to me. They have been 'blocked' from getting into my inbox somewhere. No error or undelivered messages sent back to the senders. All rules disabled. Not in junk folders or deleted folder either - have checked. This problem has only existed since Talktalk updated their email system. I have been trying to sort out this problem since May 2019. I think 4 months is long enough. Talking to you will not sort this out, as I am trying to get those emails through to TalkTalk's site, not my own PC or any other device yet still they are not getting through. What is going on and why do I (and I suspect many others) seem to have problems since you upgraded - which was not handled very well from day one. I am still waited for a solution. If I have to change provider to ensure I get the emails I want to get through, I will do that. All I seem to get are a lot of junk mail ....

Gill F

Message 13 of 19

Have you double checked that it's not blocked in your filters? If you prefer you can just disable the filters temporarily while you see if they can get a mail through it would be a good test. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

I am now having another problem. Trying to set up an account online with a travel company. Email address requires a verification email to be sent. They have done that (countless times) but their email is not appearing anywhere in the account for that email address. Not in trash, not in junk, not in inbox. This includes online with Talktalk's email page, not just my Outlook access point. I have had emails to the same address from employees of that travel company, but not the verification email. So what is going on here. Oh. messages are not being bounced back to them either. This is the same pattern as the earthlink problem. I have two talktalk email accounts, now I have a problem with both of them.

Gill F
0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Ok thank you. Monday best for me.

Gill F
0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

I've raised the fault ticket for you. I would expect a call today or Monday to verify some of the information. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 19

no mobile just landline obscured for customer security Hope we can sort it out

Gill F
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 18 of 19

Hi GillCF, thanks for starting the thread. Please add a mobile number to your profile and I'll get a fault ticket raised for you.

0 Likes