email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email App

1Cherry1
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 4

Hi

Why is the mobile app for emails different to desktop?
The Mobile app does not have the FILTER rules option for conditional forwarding.

So, a scammer can log on to the desktop version and set a filter rule and a person who uses the mobile app would not know as would not see the forwarding. They can divert certain emails and steal.

Before the app was created Onetel was more secure as they could not do this. The app has made the email accounts less secure, especially since there have been email data leaks.

Time for mobile numbers on all accounts at 2FA on all forwarding!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

I did not know there are 'nice' crooks as I treat all as nefarious and keep my security defences up.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

1Cherry1
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 4

Yes, but what a disaster as people expect the same functionality. They assume there are no filter rules until it is too late.

It was a shock to me to find filter rules did exist, but only on the desktop version.
I cannot understand this logic.

A nice crook can set up  a filter via desktop and those who just use the mobile app would never know. Shocking!

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

True that the mobile browser does not have the Filter Rules option. You can check by selecting the desktop browser option via the browser triple vertical dots settings menu.

Keep your mailbox security by using an ultra-strong unique password.

I recommended 2FA for all sign ins and notifications for all key settings changes. So, there are improvements that could be made. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution