email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Clients Unable to Connect To TalkTalk Servers

jeffj
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I've just registered as I' experiencing the same issues as a number of others and hoping they can be resolved.

I've recently set up TalkTalk email addresses and set them up on my MacBook using Outlook for Mac, on my iPhone using Apple Mail. I also set up a TalkTalk email address for my wife and set it up okay on her iPhone and iPad. Everything was working fine until 3rd August as someone else has posted but then I started to get error messages.

I deleted the accounts from my MacBook and iPhone but then was unable to set them up again. I've used the settings instructed by TalkTalk and can access Webmail using my email address and password. In Outlook for Mac I get an error message stating "Unable to sign in. Check your credentials and try again". On my IPhone I get the message "Cannot Get Mail. The username or password for mail.talktalk.net is incorrect.

I still have my old BT email account set up and have no issues with that so the issue appears to be with TalkTalk rather than the email clients. Hope someone can help.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

You're welcome. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4
Many thanks.
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi jeffj, there's an incident raised for this issue at the moment. I've passed your details to the incident team to add to the list. You can track progress of the fault on the service status page.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes