cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Email Delayed Again?

M1k3H
First Timer

I've flagged this with Talktalk 'chat' support - they are looking into it and will look to see if anyone else is having a problem. I gave them the title of this thread, but maybe (if you haven't already!) a few people doing the same may help escalate it.

I'm having to check the timestamp and date of every email I respond to for each thread - it's a nightmare....  I wondered if Office 365 was interfering in some weird way, but I'm pretty sure it isn't... Oh well, perhaps beer will help 🙂

Blunderpuss
Team Player

Have you seen the number of threads on it now??!! 

I'm going to report the problem. I think we all should.

SteveT54
First Timer

waste of time, I have activated a gmail account to replace TalkTalk as they are useless and incompetent

Johnian
Participant

Miraculously this post arrived in my inbox virtually instantly. Fluke or is the problem solved? Anyway, like SteveT54 I ma running a  Gmail account alongside my Tiscali one and asking everyone to cc that. The only reason I stick with my Tiscali address is the horror at the thought of having to notify everyone of a change. And keeping my email address is probably the only thing keeping me with TT.

phillie1
Participant

This email sent yesterday at 10.26am only arrived this afternoon - so yes, there were still delays!

Blunderpuss
Team Player

Seems to be working now. Well done everyone.

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Thanks for posting back to let us know it's working now. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

phillie1
Participant

Not sure everything is sorted though, as although incoming messages seem to be Ok now, only some outgoing messages are being saved to sent folder (even thought they are being delivered)! Makes me question whether I have actually sent things I thought I did, so will now be trying to Bcc my hotmail a/c on every email, so I can double check - just not what I need right now.

SteveT54
First Timer

some of the emails I know were sent to me still have not arrived, same as when this happened a few weeks ago these have most likely been lost.  TalkTalk do not have the ability to maintain a reliable system, the only thing they do reliably is take your money. Been rubbish for so long there is no chance they will ever improve, I am now looking at moving supplier.    

OCE_Ady

Hi SteveT54, please start a new topic so that we can track individuals and monitor progress. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

@OCE_Ady I can confirm that todays emails have, so far, been received in a timely manner. However I believe I am still missing some emails from yesterday, yet I note on other threads you say these should all have been received by now.

Also, did you get any feedback from the Email Admins as to the reason for the problem this time? Its the second occurrence of this problem this month and each time takes 4-5 days to get resolved. 

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
OCE_Ady

I've only been told that the fault should have been resolved now. I've had no root cause notification I'm afraid. 

Ady

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

@OCE_Ady wrote:

I've only been told that the fault should have been resolved now. I've had no root cause notification I'm afraid. 

Ady

Once again I am disappointed that we never get any feedback on the causes of these outages which occur with alarming regularity and are never speedily resolved. To some extent it may be understandable when they occur on legacy domains but this problem, and the previous one earlier this month, impacted all domains. As a longstanding Pipex user I have been dangled the carrot of moving to the new email platform for 2 years now but am no longer optimistic it will fix the email woes.

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
OCE_Ady

I'm sorry I don't have the information you want. 

Ady

rautospoon
Whizz Kid

Seems quite a simple task to me - contact the people who resolved this issue - ask them what caused it and if steps have been taken to ensure it does not occur again -  report back to the community -  after all TT is a "communication business" !

OCE_Ady

Hi rautospoon, it's very kind of you to tell me my job of 14 years, but I'm afraid the information is not forthcoming and based on previous faults it won't be. 

Ady

rautospoon
Whizz Kid

"I'm afraid the information is not forthcoming and based on previous faults it won't be. "

Your own comment concisely and precisely "sums up" all that is wrong with TalkTalk especially with regard to its paying (and long suffering) customers.

AndyUK
Whizz Kid

I'm not sure the problem is completely resolved.  This morning I received my emailed notification of my TalkTalk bill sent to my Tiscali address yesterday at 0715 - over 24 hours ago.

Andy L

OCE_Ady

Hi Andy L, I'm still testing and still keeping contact with the team. I'm not able to get any mails to my test account from my certain domains. I'm guessing there's a hangover or something minor is still misaligned. I'm on top of it and will post to let you know. 

Ady