email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Deliverability - External

danielfrear
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

Could someone from TalkTalk please contact me regarding external email sent to a talktalk.net recipient? I believe emails from our domain are being marked as spam and as such, not delivered.

Regards, Daniel

Alfa Travel

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

If you send me a personal message with one or two of the affected email addresses you can't send to it will help us sort this. Often customers have blocked addresses without being aware of it.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 6

Hi Ady,

It looks like a residential email address to me (no custom domain etc) so you may be able to help.

Regards, Daniel

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Daniel, if these are businesses you're sending to they'll have to report it to the business support teams. I've got no access to business systems or services. It does look like cloudmark has tagged your IP as a spam source though. If theyre residential customers I can help look into it for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6
Hi Ady,

That would be my first port of call too but it appears to be a few talktalk.net addresses coming back as 552 Spam Message Rejected.

I've checked a few things:

It's not a general issue - other recipients are receiving email

Our SPF records are valid for the alfatravel.co.uk domain (from which the email originated)

We don't send bulk email from this mailserver, that's handled by DotMailer

We have contacted this person before and it's a B2B relationship, rather than B2C so it's unlikely that the users would have marked it as spam

I've checked the message itself against SpamAssassin and it's coming back with a score of 0, which is good

I've checked against all known blacklists (both SBL, PBL and so on) and we're not listed in any

Regards, Daniel
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi Daniel, are you not able to send to any TalkTalk email address? Often customers have accidentally blocked addresses without being aware. If you were our customer my first job would be to ask you to clear all your block filters. 

0 Likes