email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Page Appearance

Bead1
Team Player
Message 23 of 23

Opening Talktalk email page view via Firefox has all the lettering and boxes crammed to the lefthand side.  I've tried changing th email settings via 'view' options but after a few seconds of showing normally, it reverts.  I tried opening the email via Microsoft Explorer and the page is stable, showing properly.  I quite like Firefox and would like to stay with it, but .......

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

Just to let you all know, the ad company and the mail provider have been having a conflab to make sure problems don't occur in the future. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 23

That's perfect. My grateful thanks for the confirmation. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 23

Hi Gondola.  Yes, the TT Mail page appears as normal with the ad-blocker paused.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 23

Hi @Bead1 and @MrAngry1 

I understand that the advertising team have identified and removed a glitch causing the display issue on your respective devices when using TalkTalk Mail webmail.

May I ask for you help in confirming that when you disable, pause or switch off the ad-blocker that the TalkTalk Mail page appears as normal when the advertising is running and you see the advertising on display. You may have to refresh the browser page if already signed in to TalkTalk Mail to see the adverts and view the page for say 5 minutes to check that it's not affected.

Thank you so much for your help in advance. I'm just double checking to ensure the glitch has been identified and corrected.

Message 5 of 23

Thanks again for the swift reply. I shall know what to look out for now.

Message 6 of 23

Hi MrAngry1 

Great question. Websites that insist on showing you adverts because that's how they're funded will detect ad-blocking and present you with a modal asking for the pausing or disabling of the ad-blocker.

Other websites may just not function fully.

So, the general guidance is to pause the ad-blocker or simply trust websites where you enter personal data or login for purchases or customer interaction. Such websites will inevitably use session cookies and tracking cookies to assist in helping you so you don't want to block those.

MrAngry1
Chat Champion
Message 7 of 23

I thanked Gondola for assisting with yesterday and asked a question in the same post. I cannot today find my post in this thread, so perhaps it didn't arrive?

My question was how will I know when the Firefox ad blocker needs to be disabled - eg when accessing TT My Account as suggested by Gondola. Will I be prompted, or should I just deduce what's needed.

Thanks again for resolving this one so swiftly. My previous issue took over six months to sort out!

0 Likes

Message 8 of 23

Hi Bead1, thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted and that Gondola helped you sort it out. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 9 of 23

Excellent confirmation.

We do appreciate your time in letting us know. Thank you.  And thank you for helping in the troubleshooting.

I've pre-alerted TalkTalk to stop these advertising people running code that disrupts TalkTalk Mail.

Message 10 of 23

Using ad-blocker seems to have solved the problem.  Thank you so much, Gondola, for taking the time to help.

Message 11 of 23

Hi MrAngry1 

Would you try an Ad-Blocker extension or add-on?

If Bead1 continues to see no issue when blocking advertising and you can confirm that ad-blocking restores the TalkTalk Mail display on Firefox and Edge then with a bit more confirmation like the other common factor being you're both using Windows 10 or earlier (I cannot replicate on Windows 11) then we can report the conclusion that the issue is a combination of errors caused by the advertising that are having an adverse effect on TalkTalk Mail on Win 10 devices.

Message 12 of 23

Normal display in Firefox and a bonus of no advertising?

Just bear in mind that on some sites including TalkTalk MyAccount you may need to disable the ad-blocker to ensure that tracking cookies are not blocked as these are necessary for features of MyAccount and LiveChat to work as expected.

Let us know how you get on.

I'll alert TalkTalk to yet another incident caused by advertising although I still haven't been able to replicate on my Windows 11 notebook.

Message 13 of 23

Thank you.  Have just downloaded AdBlocker.  So far, so good.  Fingers crossed.

Message 14 of 23

Hi Bead1 

Strangely I still cannot get Firefox to fault. But I am seeing a lot of errors arising from the advertising. So what I'd suggest is to block those adverts.

In the Firefox address bar enter about:addons

Then in the search box top of that page seach for AdBlocker Ultimate

Install that extension. Close and relaunch Firefox and retry the TalkTalk Mail page to see if blocking the advertising does restore the display to normal.

Message 15 of 23

I can add that I get exactly the same problem using Edge.

Though my screenshot upload did not work I see that it is just the same as that just posted by Bead1.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 23

Bead1_0-1643215356926.png

It's still happening, Gondola.  This is a screenshot.  I tried all the suggested troubleshooting.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 23

Hello Gondola, thanks for taking an interest.

I'm using Windows 10 and Firefox is up to date, although I don't have time to troubleshoot it just now unfortunately. I'm not using an ad-blocker.

This was working fine until two days ago and nothing has been changed in my device.

I have tried three times upload a screenshot but even though I can import one there is no facility available on my screen that will save it into this message. It have worked in the past but refuses today. Basically I can see the folders on the left, as usual, but no emails and with the various options usually at the top of the screen - compose, delete, mark, spam - arrayed to the left from top to bottom.

If you can make some snse of this I will endeavour to troubleshoot Firefox when I have more time this evening.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 23

Hi Bead1 

How are you getting on with troubleshooting?

We do appreciate your time in letting us know. Thank you.

Message 19 of 23

Hi MrAngry1 

I don't see the issue.  Firefox is working fine for me. I'd like to troubleshoot this issue. What operating system do you use on your device and if Firefox is up to date have you tried selecting Troubleshoot mode from the Help menu and restarting Firefox to reset settings and run without add-ons that may be corrupting the display?  Are you using an Ad-blocker or other blocking software?

Screenshot please so we can see what you see.  Upload here using the camera icon (picture icon for a mobile browser) above this Reply area.

MrAngry1
Chat Champion
Message 20 of 23

I am disappointed to be on this forum again but have to say that my email is behaving in exactly the same way as Bead1.

I also use Firefox and have done so without a problem for 10 years or more - I don't want to use Edge.

The webmail on my mobile is working fine, but I'm unable to open the attachments that I need using this.

This is the second day of this problem so I would be grateful for any advice, or, even better, that Talktalk resolve it.

Thank you.

0 Likes