Did you mean: 
Need help?

Email Password reset (password forgotten) - need reset sent to Mobile NOT email

3 REPLIES 3
chrisbev
First Timer

Hi

So , the issue is

• I have forgotten my POP3 Email password for a second email account under my Portal
  • The reset option to send the recovery code is the email Account which I cannot access
  • I need to be able to send the reset code to the Mobile which is listed in my Account Portal

Can you please help , The email is for an UK NHS Key worker , due to COVID this is causing hardship and stress

Please help us  

Thank you

Chris bev
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @chrisbev 

I'll let TalkTalk know that the password reset options haven't been set up. A TT Staff member will need to verify you as the registered email user and set up new Reset details with your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

To proceed, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current landline and mobile contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address needing recovery and Save changes.

In due course a TalkTalk Community TT Staff member will reply here and then Community Personal Message you to confirm your customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address.

When verified the Reset details will be set up within 48 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

What email client software/app are you currently using to access your mailbox? Some, but not all email programs/apps do store passwords that can be viewed. Let me know and if I know it's possible to view an unencrypted email password I'll guide you.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

chrisbev
First Timer
Thank you so much ..that helps me and l have done it
Chris bev
OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi chrisbev, I've sent you a PM with a secure link to obtain more information so that we can change the details for you. 

Please also send me by PM the alternate email address and mobile number for the password reset tool.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.