email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Problem Again.

brbrown
Whizz Kid
Message 9 of 9

If I logged into my Onetel web mail, I was able to send emails using my Talktalk address and my Onetel address. They showed in the drop down menu in the Compose option. Using my Talktalk web mail I was not able to do this.

Suddenly, my Onetel option has disappeared from the drop down option and I get a message telling me my Onetel account has been disabled due to invalid credentials but the settings I used before appear to be correct.

Can anyone offer a solution please?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Thanks for taking the time to thank Gondola. We love to hear that community members have helped each other. We also love the stars and value everything they do to help everyone and sometimes each other. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 9

No worries.

We appreciate your feedback and always here to support you.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Message 3 of 9

Hello Ady and Gondola. Please accept my apologies for appearing not to have replied. I made a post in answer to Gondola but for some reason it has not shown.

What I explained was that when I tried again to login to my web mail it would not accept my password. Then I changed it and logged in and low and behold, the option to use both my Onetel and Talktalk emails were shown in the Compose option. So all is now well.

However, I am always grateful for Gondolas input and I shall keep a note of his post should I have a similar problem again.

Thank you both for responding. Sorry for any confusion. Best wishes. Brian

Message 4 of 9

Hi brbrown, has Gondola helped you get this sorted?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi Brian

Sign out of TalkTalk Mail so that you can sign in to the onetel mailbox to check the mailbox is working with the current onetel password.

Via the main menu (triple line icon on the top right blue header) select Update your reset details to check these are up to date and accessible for the password reset that I'm going to suggest next.

Use the forgotten password button in the help page Changing your email password to send a reset link or code to the recovery alternate email address or mobile number and upgrade the onetel password.

Sign in to the onetel mailbox with the new password to make sure it's working. Sign out to enable you to sign in to the talktalk mailbox and then go through the password update process I gave you earlier.

Don't forget that you'll need to update the onetel password on the MAC.

Message 6 of 9

Hello Gondola. Good to speak to you again. No, I still have the problem and need help. I have checked all my account details again and all appear to be correct.I have tried re-adding the account but when I try, I keep getting the same message.

I can still send and receive emails from my Mail account on my Mac desktop.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Hi Brian

Have you resolved the issue or do you want more help?

We appreciate your feedback.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi Brian

Stay signed in to TalkTalk Mail webmail where you see the issue.

Using a desktop browser you'll see the following in the Accounts settings:

Error - Email account disabled due to invalid credentials

• Select the main settings menu triple line icon top right header
  • Select Settings from the menu
  • Select Accounts in the left side panel
  • Select Edit for the relevant account
    You'll see an Edit window
  • Scroll down and Update the password for the incoming / outgoing server
  • Select the Save button