email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Problem accessing my talktalk email account.

Penelope1
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 6

Been having problems accessing my e-mail account with TalkTalk for the past couple of days which is not an unusual occurrence.  I've spent hours trying to resolve it and got nowhere. Even the help pages are not very helpful and just add to the frustration.

Is it just me or is this happening to others at this time?

PRB
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Penelope1, please let us know how you're getting on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 6
Thankyou for these suggestions. I am working on it and will report on progress.
PRB
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Penelope1 

The mailbox is responding via your mobile devices so it ought to work via Windows Mail. 

Worth checking that you can sign in to the mailbox via webmail. On the laptop launch an Internet browser. 

Compose and send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox. 

Let us know of any sign in or send error message, or if mail does not arrive in the Inbox or disappears from the Inbox.

Assuming all is well with webmail you may need to correct a corruption with the Windows Mail software by removing the account from the laptop and then adding the account afresh. Assuming that an IMAP account has been set up you can safely remove and re-add as mail messages will be retained on the mail server. But if set up as a POP3 account then you'll need to save wanted mail messages first.

The IMAP settings should look like this:

Windows Mail server settings talktalk.net

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 4 of 6

I access my email through my laptop computer as an e-mail client.

I use Mail for Windows via Windows 10.  This has worked pretty well up until 5 days ago.

My mobile phone and ipad are still receiving and sending emails but I get the message 'unable to access this account' when using my laptop which is my main way of receiving and sending e-mails. 

PRB
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

You'll need to explain how you access the TalkTalk Mail mailbox? Webmail or email client or email app?  What software do you use for email and on what device?

What error message do you see, if any? What happens? A screenshot or two would help us to help you when we can see what you see.

TalkTalk Mail is operating normally over the last couple of days so right now you're reporting an issue that I am not replicating. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution