email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Reset Details Deleted

stevesurrey
Insightful One
Message 27 of 27

Thanks to @Gondola  for his warning which prompted me to check whether my email reset details were still in place. Upon checking I found these had disappeared for all 5 of my addresses and I know they were there hitherto. This seems a pretty horrendous system glitch, if thats what it was. If it is widespread then this forum will be getting even more requests for help in resetting email passwords in the future as self-help will no longer be an option.

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

I know that it's been/being dealt with. Maybe the data protection team will get you an answer.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

stevesurrey
Insightful One
Message 2 of 27

Is the issue even being investigated or just being ignored?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 27

I couldn't even give you a guess I'm afraid. I've not got a clue. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

stevesurrey
Insightful One
Message 4 of 27

@Ady-TalkTalk can you give an idea when a response will be forthcoming? A week? A month? Never?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 27

I'm sorry to report that I have no further news for you. 

Ady

0 Likes

stevesurrey
Insightful One
Message 6 of 27

So another week has gone by and still no word from on high or Stephen either. Its now been a month since I started this topic too without any answer yet. Perhaps its something that should be raised with TalkTalk's Data Protection team instead?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 27

As soon as I hear something I'll let you know. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 8 of 27

Hopefully there will be a proper answer next week and, I trust, confidence restored on security.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

stevesurrey
Insightful One
Message 9 of 27

I for one am not prepared to go down the route of a CEO complaint. It really shouldn't be necessary to do that to get a straightforward answer. Besides my previous experience of the CEO complaint team was pretty useless. It was long-winded and still did not get a proper answer. Over the 17 years I have been with TalkTalk my faith and trust in them has been whittled away and this latest incident may well prove to be the last straw.

Message 10 of 27

Gondola as far as I know your data is secure and you needn't change any of your settings. 

I've spoken with Stephen, he's chased this again today for you. Let's see how we get on on Monday.

Ady

Message 11 of 27

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk 

The lack of a TalkTalk statement gives me concern that my personal data is not secure. Password recovery was deleted from all three mailboxes. If we don't know how that happened does that mean those addresses are not secure, the recovery email address (my TalkTalk Mobile billing address) and the mobile recovery (my TalkTalk mobile number) are not secure?

Do I need to change all addresses and mobile number to ensure security?  I haven't detected anything suspect so far but it's a real concern if the details have been harvested. In those circumstances, my support for this email forum would cease as I would no longer have any TalkTalk mailboxes to test with.

If this does really require a CEO complaint would you please initiate a fast-track complaint using the details in my Community profile.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

Message 12 of 27

You won't get an argument from me. I'd suggest a CEO complaint as the best way to force the issue. 

Ady

stevesurrey
Insightful One
Message 13 of 27

I know you are doing your best @Ady-TalkTalk but a lack of a 'statement' is very unsatisfactory. I think I am entitled to know how or why my personal information was deleted and whether it could happen again. It was fortunate that @Gondola alerted me to the possibility otherwise this information would be absent and only discovered when I needed it most. I am sure the irony is not lost on you that TalkTalk encourage us to provide this information only for it to be removed!  I cannot believe that Gondola and I were the only CUSTOMERS affected too and so many of them will be unaware of this situation.

Message 14 of 27

I've chased it several times. I don't think there's going to be a statement. 

Ady

stevesurrey
Insightful One
Message 15 of 27

Another fortnight has passed and no answer yet. If you haven't already @Ady-TalkTalk can you please chase those on high for a response?

Message 16 of 27

Hi stevesurrey, I chased this daily and then some more and am still waiting for a statement for you. I'll post as soon as I hear back. 

Ady

stevesurrey
Insightful One
Message 17 of 27

Just a gentle bump as it's been a week to see if any word received from "on high" about this mysterious fault?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 27

Hi stevesurrey, I'm still waiting for an update/statement from on high about this. As soon as I have something to give you I will. 

Ady

0 Likes

stevesurrey
Insightful One
Message 19 of 27

Any update on this @Ady-TalkTalk or do I have to keep checking my reset details haven't mysteriously disappeared again?

Message 20 of 27

Hi both, I've already raised this question but have had no reply. I'll escalate it now. If you see others and I haven't yet replied would you be kind enough to ask them to add the affected mail accounts to their profile. My test mailboxes haven't been affected so not sure it's a base wide cleanse. I've had no answer yet.

Ady