email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account 'User is Deactivated'

Laura999
Chatterbox
Message 17 of 17

Help!

I am asking on behalf of my mum (she's very elderly and doesn't understand anything technical).

As of yesterday she hasn't been able to get into her email account, she get's error message "User is deactivated (AUTHORIZATION-0001)". We've changed the password but still get this error message.

I have sent a test email to that account and I get a 'mail delivery failure' and I've checked it on 'Ferifalia' and it confirms that the account does not exist.

I have no idea who I contact to get her account reinstated - can anyone out there help???

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

You're welcome Laura999, thanks for taking the time to let us know it's sorted.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 17

Hi Laura999 

No worries and thank you for your kind words. I do hope mum wasn't stressed out by the issue and thank you for being there to help.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

Laura999
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 17

Amazing! Email account is back up and running.

Thank you so much and thank you @Gondola for all your help and patience.

Message 4 of 17

Hi Laura999, ignore my last message. I've just had confirmation from the Email management team that they're working to unbar the accounts affected. It will happen in the next hour or two. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 17

Hi Laura999, you're going to hate me. I'm afraid I have to do the security verifcation with your mum. Are you able to get her to register here on the community so that I can send her a private message to obtain the information. 

Ady

Message 6 of 17

When this thread is picked up by TalkTalk you'll see the reply here and may also be contacted via Community Private Message if there's any clarification of customer details etc. Then they'll indicate how they're going to resolve the issue and hopefully let you know when the mailbox access is fully restored. 

There is just one thing that mum needs to be aware of. Because the mailbox in its current state is not able to receive mail messages any inbound mail will get bounced back to the sender as undeliverable.

Best that she is aware and can use an alternative email address, if needed, until this mailbox is fully restored.

Laura999
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 17

Thank you Gondola! 

So, if its added to Monday's workflow should I just occasionaly check her account and see if it gets reactivated - or would they make contact with me and let me know via this chat?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi Laura999 

You've done all you can and I really thought it was going to work, particularly because you now have mum's email address with a new password and the mailbox added to your own current customer MyAccount.

I don't think the offshore Tech Support team will be able to fix this so I'd suggest letting the TalkTalk Mail team via the UK Support team for this Community handle the issue. If that's ok with you and mum?

I'll push a request in to the TalkTalk Support workflow so it's ready for them on Monday.

Laura999
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 17

I tried to log-in to the email account this morning but sadly it's gone back to the original error message "User is deactivated (AUTHORIZATION-0001)"

If you are able to push a request in to the TalkTalk workflow ready for Monday - that would be amazing!

(Is it worth me messaging through the chat bot or phoning TalkTalk - or is this route just as effective?)

Message 10 of 17

That's a promising result. The LGI-0005 is just a temporary error and may just be a result of the current overnight 'maintenance' taking place.

So, yes, do please retry tomorrow, after 9am when you should be clear of any maintenance overrun. I have my fingers crossed. Let me know if you've been successful. If not I'll push a request in to the TalkTalk workflow ready for Monday.

If you are successful getting signed in then that's perfect. And, taking on mum's email address in your TalkTalk customer MyAccount means she doesn't need to take a MailPlus subscription. So that's £50 a year saved. Winner!

Laura999
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 17

Ok, so I've added her email to my account - which was accepted. 

Then tried to log in to her email account with the new password set earlier today, and it gave a different error message: "Login not possible at the moment. Please try again later. (LGI-0005)".

So, I will try again in the morning. 

Thanks for all your help so far.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Normally a successful password reset would automatically unbar a barred email account. It wouldn't do any harm to try adding the email address to your MyAccount My Mailboxes list. Just to see if that works or what error message it produces. You just need the email address and its new password and use the Add an existing mailbox link. But if not successful then you're absolutely right that TalkTalk would need to investigate and authorise the reversal of the barring first.

Manage TalkTalk Mail - Add an existing mailbox.png

Message 13 of 17

Thank you Gondola - you are very helpful!

I have updated all her original account details in the 'private notes' of this profile. 

Quite possibly she had received mail from TalkTalk about it but she probably didn't understand the implications.

And yes I do have a spare slot in my customer MyAccount to add her email address, but I assume TalkTalk would need to reinstate/unblock it first?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi Laura999 

Yes please, put her email address, name, address and landline telephone number as it was in 2020 when she was a customer. TalkTalk Support can locate her former customer account from those details.  I assume the email address was created via that customer MyAccount?

I'm a little concerned that the mailbox may be barred because mum is no longer a customer.  TalkTalk do allow former customers to retain full use of up to 5 email addresses but only via a TalkTalk MailPlus subscription.

TalkTalk Mail addresses not added to an active TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount (orphan addresses), are being limited to Internet browser webmail access and then flagged for deletion if no action is taken*. TalkTalk email notifications are being sent.

* The action to take to restore email access on supported devices is:

• Add the email address to an active TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount
  • If not a customer, rejoin TalkTalk for home broadband or subscribe to  TalkTalk MailPlus

About TalkTalk MailPlus

Do you know if mum has received mail from TalkTalk advising that the email address has been limited to webmail only access?

Do you have a spare slot in your customer MyAccount to add her email address, if the email address is still active, as that would protect it from deletion?

Managing your email in My Account

Laura999
Chatterbox
Message 15 of 17

Hi Gondola, thanks for your response.

My Mum is no longer an account holder (she left in Feb 2020 as no longer needed the phone but was told she could retain the email address). However I am an account holder, should I put her email address in my profile details?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 16 of 17

Hi Laura999 

You're the second member to report surprisingly identical symptoms.  If mum has successfully changed the password but access is still denied then TalkTalk Support may need to investigate. The account would appear to be barred which usually happens if the account has been compromised and used to send spam.  A password change would normally get the account unbarred.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the customer email address and account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

I assume mum is a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or MailPlus subscriber and she has the talktalk.net email address listed in her current customer MyAccount?