email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account but no Talktalk account

Webmailuser467
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi, I have an email address grandfathered in from Tiscali. But because I don't have a Talktalk account, I don't seem to have the option to change the password or delete the account entirely. I'm keen to do something along these lines as I've been warned of my email address being quoted on dodgy websites, although I'm glad that so far there's no obvious sign of the actual account having been compromised. Can anybody assist, please?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Webmailuser467, please follow Gondola's advice and let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi Webmailuser467 

Noted that your tiscali email address is an orphan address not linked to an active customer MyAccount. You may be able to change the password if you've previously set up password recovery that's still in place. And deletion is available on request to the TalkTalk Data Protection team.

The Reset your password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery. 

If the email address is still active on the TalkTalk Mail platform and you have set up password recovery options, in advance, that you recognise from the *****hints, then you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.  If you haven't set up password recovery options but wish to recover access then let me know and I'll alert TalkTalk Support to help you by setting up new password recovery options.

As you don't have access to an active customer MyAccount holding the email address then self-help email deletion isn't available to you.

But you still do have access to the TalkTalk Data Protection Team.  So, if you'd prefer to delete the email address this is your option.

Understanding your data rights (GDPR).  Your Right to Erasure is the relevant section for the DP Team to take your instruction to delete the email address and mailbox.

Bear in mind they'll need sufficient proof that you are the registered user of the email address. Proof of who you are and a postal address and 'phone number to link you to the initial registration of the email address. This is just to make sure they're not deleting an email address registered to someone else.

Let us know how you get on. You should receive written confirmation to your home postal address normally within 2 weeks but allowing up to 30 days.

Let us know whether you're going to choose recovery and a password change or going to ask for full deletion.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes